Posted: Dec 30th 2009 4:54PM Grodd said

Very good show today, just listened to it while at work. Just wondering if Syp has his on podcast, because he sounds very interesting. Well keep up the good work!

Posted: Dec 30th 2009 6:02PM (Unverified) said

Hey and Brooke Pilley (spelling?) who was a writer here for a while, they did one mainly focused around WAR, but that's been over for a while.

I think he joine the Darth Hater podcast though, not sure.

Posted: Dec 30th 2009 10:09PM Shanawa said

The 1 minute interview... that would give Rubi more time!

Posted: Dec 30th 2009 8:36PM (Unverified) said

Can you guys explain what it is about AION that you hate so much? Is it the level grind? I'm only level 8 so I haven't that wall yet but I'm enjoying it immensely.

Posted: Dec 30th 2009 11:10PM (Unverified) said

Syp has been hating on Aion since, well, always. Posting nothing but negative links and bashing the game. Just one of the reasons I stopped wasting my time reading his blog. It is one thing to not like a game and just move on to something you do like, yet another thing entirely to go the lame hater route. I didn't even bother listening to the podcast as soon as I saw his name.

I'm having a great time in Aion as are my friends. It isn't perfect (no game is), but it is fun. I keep waiting for all this so-called horrible grind to kick in. First it was "oh no, massive grind after level 10", then the same trolls saying "grind in mid teens", then "in the 20s" and so on. I'm well on my way to 50, still waiting for the grind, have tons of unfinished quests and don't have enough time to do everything I want (too much roaming around fighting Elyos I guess). My friends are at various levels up to 50 and while the game certainly could use more content at the higher levels (and I'd like to see a few additions and changes to the game too), I just have to laugh at people like Syp raving about CO and Fallen Earth (or was he starting to put down CO just before I stopped reading, even though it was the greatest thing ever at first?), yet they bash Aion, while they keep jumping from game to game to game, each one which is SO much better than Aion.

Ignore the trolls and their blogs, make up your own opinion by actually trying a game. You can even get a good idea about a game by checking out game play videos on YouTube. If you like it, great! If not, there are plenty of different games out there and you might find some you do enjoy. I usually can find something good about most games (even CO and FE), but if I'm not enjoying myself I move on, without needing to constantly bash the game just because I didn't care for it. Maybe the haters get paid by other companies to run down the other guy's games? Or maybe they are just trying to boost their site views by posting negative things about popular games?

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 7:49AM (Unverified) said

I think it's safe to say that we don't hate Aion. Syp didn't say anything specific about hating Aion, and we were mainly having fun with it because he kept saying he's keeping his mouth shut.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 9:58AM Cendres said

Shawn, Wade didn't listen to this show, he's just saying how Syp talks about Aion on his blog and he won't bother listening because of it.

While it says nothing about this show in particular it does indicate this isn't someone you'd want to listen to if he's already put you off.

I wish I had some time to listen to podcasts! Maybe tonight. :)

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 3:15PM BubleFett said

NCSoft bashing is all I hear on this podcast.
get over it guys. They are here to stay.
And they are going to be making more of the MMOs
you guys hate so much.
Just remember that is NCsoft that is backing Guild Wars2.
Which I can't wait to play.

So stop with the hating already, grow up.
And stop with kissing butt to Cryptic, is nauseating.

Posted: Jan 1st 2010 10:04PM (Unverified) said

since we're all whining here, i gotta say i can't believe all three of you liked despereaux. that movie was frakkin dreadful and my son asked me to turn it off three times. i wish i would've listened to him but i kept saying, 'hold on, it's about to get good...' and it never did. the only thing i can remember about it is that there was a hole with rats at the bottom and he used his ears to float down there.