Posted: Dec 30th 2009 1:58PM Marz said

I am hoping you get a few more votes for Charismatic Leader; Assassin is pretty self explanatory and combined with a rifle (which is currently leading in the voting)would be deadly, but I have no understanding of group tactics and it would be interesting to find out more about that aspect of the game.

Posted: Dec 30th 2009 3:35PM (Unverified) said

No, i want a ninja sniper

Posted: Dec 30th 2009 2:20PM (Unverified) said

Looking forward to reading more about this game. There's no way I could commit the time to do this game justice, so seeing it second hand is the next best thing.

--Harp

Posted: Dec 30th 2009 2:00PM (Unverified) said

I would love to hear how you decide on what stats/skills you end up with and how you raise them as you go. One of the only reasons I haven't tried this out yet is my beta experience, seems no matter how much web searching or forum reading I did I would always end up scrapping a character due to one major oversight on my part. The game is complex to the point of insanely confusing.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 3:43PM (Unverified) said

Try EVE.

Posted: Dec 30th 2009 2:05PM Jeremy G said

Can't wait to witness your adventures in the wasteland. Do glad that FE win the vote, which will give many more folks a chance to check out this great game.

Posted: Dec 30th 2009 3:21PM Jeremy G said

Ugh, hate typing from my phone sometimes. Should have read "So glad" and "won" and not "win".

Posted: Dec 30th 2009 3:22PM (Unverified) said

I hope you have a much less buggy time than I did and enjoy the game :)

Posted: Dec 30th 2009 4:12PM Chroma said

I signed up for my free trial this week, and played just a little bit and it was great, until it crashed my computer. It consistently causes crashing, and its not like this is the first MMO I've played on this PC.
Intel i7
GTX 285
4G DDR3
Windows 7 64bit

I dunno :( I want to play..

Posted: Dec 30th 2009 5:42PM Graill440 said

• 1 heart
The crafting was about the only thing i was looking forward to before the game came out. The graphics are really, really poor for a game released today and i was told mount physics still arent fixed.

Are you just bored Shawn or are you being paid to make a token run and report your findings? I understand the whole expand your horizons thing but seriously. Speaking of horizons...............

Posted: Dec 30th 2009 11:49PM Dread said

• 1 heart
I agrre, I was an early beta player and I am still constantly amazed that there is nary a comment about the blatantly obvious photoshopped jpegs doing the rounds being passed off as 'ingame screengrabs'.

I mean, its not a bad little game but the graphics are woeful for a game released in 2009. Eye candy is not everything I know, but its not the 1990's any more either.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 4:12AM (Unverified) said

I'm sorry but people just jump on the 'graphics suck' bandwagon now with regards to Fallen Earth. If you have a decent computer the game doesn't look bad at all. It's not up to Aion or Age of Conan standards of course, but it's better graphically than pretty much all the other mmos out there. The reason so many people think the graphics are awful is that they're comparing it to FPSs, where developers spend all their money on the graphics instead of original content.

However, I'm lead to believe that if you don't have a very good computer the difference is extreme, which is unfortunate. On mine it looks lovely ^^

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 6:56AM (Unverified) said

I am on my first week of play and its been really enjoyable so far. I'm still in zone 1 (1-15 level range I think) but its been very entertaining and a very welcome breath of fresh air from my usual preferences (fantasy MMOs).

I hear a lot about the graphics, but I have a downright powerful comp, my settings are all jacked to max...and its just fine. Some textures are "not the best resolution" but hardly gamebreaking when the actual play is so good. Theres still Lots of pretty scenery, buildings, mounts etc.There is also a great deal of detail put into outfits, and I am really impressed with how detailed some of the clothes look and how unique everyone is so far. No wizard robes here. This is the real deal: Nice jackets, hoodies, cool hats, stuff I would be cool with wearing IRL if I had the guts. Guns, pointy things (box cutters, wine bottle openers, sharpened stakes), real weapons. No "rainbow sparkle axe of a thousand trapped unicorn souls" crapola.

The mechanics and the way the developers designed the game is solid. I like it.
The crafting system is pretty extensive, and so far, I can craft gear thats is always higher level than I am, and always have my next set waiting for me in the bank which I really like.

Now... I do really love post-apocalyptic movies and literature... so perhaps I'm biased, but this has really been "different"... and god... I needed something different. ANYTHING. O_O

MMO background: FFXI, WoW (of course), Vanguard (didn't like), EQII, Guildwars, Warhammer, AOC, Aion, Spellborn, Silkroad Online, Ether Saga and way too many other free-to-play asian ones to list.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 10:21AM Atnor said

yeah, I have a decently OK system, and the graphics are really pretty good. And, they are improving a lot of the textures as they go.

I do have most everything maxed, so I have no idea how good/bad it looks at lower settings.

The only problem I have graphics wise is the character/NPC animations, which the devs have acknowledged need work and they are looking to take care of (when that would ever be, I have no idea). :)

Glad to see you're going with FE, and I look forward to reading this project and I've enjoyed the past ones.

Posted: Jan 1st 2010 12:32PM Denzo76 said

Gave the free trial a shot and just went ahead and subbed 4 days into it. Only been playing for a few weeks now but gotta say I'm digging it. The first few days I was in game the graphics were horrible. Honestly, it was to the point where I thought to myself "I can't believe people are playing this". I updated my video card drivers and still no change. Search the web for a few minutes and found out FE uses Physx. Downloaded, uninstalled and reinstalled Physx and viola, problem solved. Don't know if those of you who say the visuals suck are having the same problem but it totally changed my experience.

Shawn, I'm Ami in game and I'm down for some monster hunting!!