Posted: Dec 29th 2009 12:04PM Seffrid said

NCSoft need to be very careful over this in my view. Whilst I understand their need to advise their players about account security, they run the risk of putting a lot of new players off. If I were considering taking a look at Aion I would be very wary of doing so in a climate in which the developers seem to be indicating that if I do so I'm likely to be handing my computer and everything on it to professional criminals. There's a fine line to be drawn between protecting your existing customers and warning off new ones, and NCSoft seem perilously close to crossing it.

Posted: Dec 29th 2009 5:11PM MewmewGrrl said

I'd have to disagree. Having played many games on the net for some time, it just looked like another note telling people to be careful with their accounts, change passwords, watch for scams and fishers, etc. I saw the note there and didn't even go to read the steps, because it didn't concern me very much. The same warnings are on most games. If someone sees the big red banner and is worried, all they do is click it, read it, and are no longer worried...

Posted: Dec 29th 2009 12:41PM TheJackman said

Due to an increase in account theft in Aion, its critical to take this important steps!

Step 1: Cut a hole in your Aion game box
Step 2: Put your junk in that box
Step 3: Go to the NCsoft Office and make them open the box

And that's the way you do it! :D

Posted: Dec 29th 2009 12:42PM Alarie said

Nice Hill Street Blues. Love it! Child of the 80s.

Posted: Dec 29th 2009 9:48PM (Unverified) said

Haha - +1 for the "let's be careful out there".
I use that line at the end of meetings and nobody knows what the heck I'm on about..

Posted: Dec 29th 2009 1:11PM Speedmonkay said

Dear NCSoft

Talk to Vasco dammit !
With their help most security problems will be solved.
Try making real security steps because these messages before logging in and popped up contunually while playing are just an aggravation and not really any help to account security.

Posted: Dec 29th 2009 1:37PM Cendres said

Sadly I agree. :( On top of that the aggravation of STILL seeing gold sellers advertising in cash shops is really putting me off. I had hopes the new NCsoft west team would be way better then the Austin one but they are only so much better. I understand it must be challenging but for a commercial big product like this I wonder if NCsoft hired the best they could, so far I feel every coder there is a student. I could be way off and of course I've no clue what goes on in Seattle.

Posted: Dec 29th 2009 11:13PM Valdur said

Looks like their data base has seriously been compromised.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 2:21AM (Unverified) said

Aion is a grindfest and the pvp requires a very good connection(specially if melee) and computer to handle the fights and the world around you.
The grinding pushed me and the pvp, as much as i like it,threw me off as it cannot be handled under my circumstances.

For this i'm glad, and sad. Glad because it means mmo's are progressing graphics wise. Sad because i cannot contribute to its progression atm.

EVE Evolved: EVE Online vs. Elite: Dangerous