Posted: Dec 28th 2009 8:12AM (Unverified) said

I didn't even realise there was a 7 day free sub, it was the whole Fall of the Lich King thing that stirred me cockles again. I've decided to just play how I want to play it now, rather than letting 'elitist' players tell me how to spec, and having a great time with it again. The new dungeon finder tool is an absolute stroke of genius, haven't find myself once looking for something to do. I did have a stint on Champions but something just wasn't clicking for me, having a great time back on WoW though after a 6 month break (after 4 years solid playing :P)

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 8:16AM Ohhlaawd said

Re-downloading it as I type this, heh.

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 8:37AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I would perfer suicide, but thanks for the offer Blizzard ^^

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 12:51PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
EVE FTW

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 8:52AM dudes said

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 8:54AM elocke said

I only resubbed recently in order to do the Holiday achievements. I'll unsub now and resub in February for the next one. Probably won't even commit to playing anymore until Cataclysm comes out, since I am really enjoying LOTRO, looking forward to STO, and just flat burnt out on WoW and the pathetic speed at which Blizzard patches their game with new content. My one beef through all the years playing WoW. Never liked how slow they developed content that lasts a week.

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 8:55AM Miffy said

I did and I'm loving the new LFG system because you can get groups in seconds now and do content all day. Normally in mmorpgs you can't do the content cause no one is doing it anymore. Best patch in WoW for a long time, I've ran 5 dungeons this morning when before it would take a week to find a good group.

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 11:50AM SgtBaker said

That nicely illustrates the diversity of the MMO playerbase - for me, that whole "doing content" is a major turn off right there.

I want my actions to have impact in the game world, I don't want a amusement park ride that ends when I've "done the content".

But I understand some people do, nothing against that, each to their own :-)

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 12:16PM Miffy said

You need a balance though because sure if you have all the sandbox stuff like SWG Pre CU, it's really fun and feels like a proper world. However there was nothing to do, if they added in the content of WoW on top of that then you'd always have great lore and things to do. However all anyone ever did was sit around in towns chatting all day.

Theres currently not an mmorpg out there that offers all this and thats why I wont subscribe to one. However seven days of WoW is enough, I'm gonna have my fun and then I'll play for the next free days they give out.

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 9:10AM eNTi said

if it weren't the same over and over and over and over again... i'd resub, but sadly there's nothing new or fun. you still need a dedicated guild to see all the content, which basically is ok, but not often so easy if you want to play a game with a few friends...

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 9:12AM phobic99 said

Nope. I can easily say that I'll never play WoW ever again. Thanks but no thanks Blizzard.

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 9:14AM Infamous Nefarious said

Yeah actually I did. I was told by friends who I used to play with about it and that i absolutely HAD to come back and play for the free week because everyone just missed me SO much. Yeah right..... THAT lasted all of about 15 minuites. I got my free time and went back to visit all those folk who wanted me to come play with them and everyone who 'missed' me and it turned into 'yeah well it's so great to have you back, try to get to level 80 this week and get geared for raiding so we can play together.' and 'oh i can't come hang out. i gotta do these quests to get into that instance this weekend or i'll get ejected from my guild, it sucks but i have to.' and my personal favorite (and what finally set me off) 'it's so awesome! you're here! yeah it's awful you keep getting ditched.... whoops! i HAVE to get into this Hyjal group while i can, don't bug me for the next 3 hours cause i have a raid to run after it. but don't worry, we'll hook up before your time runs out.'
Well screw THAT noise! I'd had enough. I deleted EVERY toon i had on every server i'd played on, maybe 2 or 3 others tops, liquidated my combined assets on my main server and gave the whole sum of gold to the ONE casual accquaintance i'd had who dropped 2 days worth of what he'd had planned in-game to hang out with me simply because i was there. When it was all done I think I played maybe 3 of those 7 free days and not even that much of them :p. I got fed up and deleted and uninstalled. No more WoW BS for me.

Yeah, I deleted because of player drama. But I play games to play with other people. Why by all that's green should I keep playing a game where I don't have any friends?? I certainly didn't lose any sleep over the decision.

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 11:54AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
And to think that if you had stayed with the game instead of quittling you also would have an 80 and doing all those things with those folks........
So because you haven't had time for them for the last year or so, they should drop everything to hang out with you?
Go level a toon, noob.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 12:59PM Snichy said

I have to agree with miggedymike here, although maybe not quite as confrontational :)

Like any social active, you have to fit in with your peers and friends and make the effort to ingratiate yourself with them after leaving the group. Throwing your toys out the pram because they didnt do what you want to do when you want to do it isnt really the answer. They, and the game is probably better off without you.

Unfortunately this is indicative of WoWs community and the main reason why I will be leaving the game soon. Some people in game think anonymity is a good excuse to be rude and obnoxious!

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 9:21AM (Unverified) said

Nope. It was a tempting offer, but I still can't bring myself to do it.

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 9:34AM (Unverified) said

Nope. WoW still bores me to death. It's a great game if you've never tried it before.

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 9:35AM TheJackman said

• 1 heart
I never left for longer them 2 months! for me World of Warcraft is the only completed mmo out there the others are just alphas and betas!

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 9:36AM Cinnamoon said

WoW is one of those games that's too casual for some people and not casual enough for others -- and the couple of posts above mine really illustrate that. If you still aren't level 80 after five years of play, yeah, you're probably too casual. If you're really that bored with the zillion instances and gearups already, yeah, you're probably too hardcore. But if you fall into that sweet spot, WoW is a great game to play an instance or two a night. I returned just after 3.2 and am still really enjoying the game -- this is the longest straight period I've been able to stay in WoW since the very first year. Usually three months is my limit before I need to move on. I always come back eventually.

In 2009, though, I devoted just as many months to LOTRO, and even more to CoH. My SWG sub's been on fairly consistently for the last couple of years and I spend more time there than in WoW. I played the new UO expansion for a month, and GW manages to coax time out of me here and there. Steam had EVE for $5 so I know what I'll be doing next month. There's lots of good stuff in older games too if you know where and how to look. Mix it up a bit. Get some perspective. It makes WoW so much nicer when you do finally returne.

Posted: Feb 1st 2012 3:43PM (Unverified) said

I used my free 7 days last week. I immediately remembered how idiotic the majority of the player base was (at least those chatting in /trade). That didn't really bother me, to be honest. I threw a few folks on /ignore and went about my business. However, I did not re-sub. I just got the XBOX 360 Elite for X-mas with 10 games and I got Uncharted 2 for PS3, so... I won't be doing much PC gaming 'til I plow through all of that. I have to admit that I did have the itch to go buy Wrath of the Lich King (I had stopped playing about 6 months before that was released). We'll see what happens when I get sick of the console.

Posted: Dec 28th 2009 9:51AM GRT said

Nope. I considered it, then thought of the ordeal of patching the client just to play for a week, and went back to other games.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014