Posted: Dec 21st 2009 6:24PM (Unverified) said

The new Age of Conan free trial earned 3 paid accts from my household . This trial really affirmed for is not to believe naysayers and to try things for yourself. Also trial showed to us just how much a game can improve with some hard work from the developer .

Long live Crom!

Posted: Dec 23rd 2009 5:57PM (Unverified) said

Yeah... But, in my opinion, the game was always fun for the first 20 levels. That starting zone was amazing. It was after that that the game got boring. Which is the part of the game that Funcom does not let you experience. And I'm not saying that's why they don't let you experience it, I'm just saying.

I didn't stop enjoying the game until about level 45-50, where I ran out of quests. And when I went back for the week or two weeks free that I got on my old account, the game just didn't pull me back in.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2009 4:19PM (Unverified) said

I agree. I just played the Age of Conan trial. I had played the game in beta and even bought the game's collector's edition. I played for the first month and stopped. After playing the trial, however, I saw that the game has improved exponentially. I will be renewing my account and playing my Conqueror again.

Don't listen to the naysayers. Just because it's not World of Warcraft doesn't mean it's not good.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2009 12:43AM Tristik said

~~
"Ask questions. Unless you're playing World of Warcraft, "

Man I see this a lot. Someone asks a simple question, and people jump on them like they don't have a brain. I go out of my way to help those people to try to help mitigate that a little.

On Topic: The 'my friends play other games' is really a tough part of it. It's hard to check out a new game when you don't know anyone that plays it. Sure, you might meet some people while you're playing, but it's tough when you don't know people well. No real way around that other than to just take the plunge if the game is fun enough. Check out the games' forums and see if there are any guilds/clans that suit your playtimes and personal style.
~~

Posted: Dec 26th 2009 4:59AM (Unverified) said

I really think the problem with any RPG game is that it takes time to become fun.
Most people will try the trail and realise that the first 5 lvls are just really boring and forget about the game altogether.

A game I would of bought just by playing the free trail was Chronicles of Spellborn. But before i even got a chance to buy the game it went into that new development phase or what ever it is.

I think first impresion is everything in a game.
No matter the genre.

A game that really got me gripped at the start was Tabula Rasa. The Tutorial was both informative about what i needed to do, but was also fun!
I didn't have to read a thick manual, loads and loads of text, or anything!
If all MMOs had that kind of tutorial I bet more players would play their game.

Why I Play: ArcheAge