Posted: Dec 18th 2009 9:10AM Thac0 said

An MMO launch Delayed!? OMG! Never!

Posted: Dec 18th 2009 9:49AM Wisdomandlore said

Spam much?

Posted: Dec 18th 2009 10:26AM jpkustra said

You have a gimmick, not anything worth listening too and your site is just for your own self-glorification. If you had any sense you'd be posting this spam into a DDO article but you're just an attention whore so gtfo.

Posted: Dec 18th 2009 10:45AM (Unverified) said

I didn't think it would make it before the end of the year, anyways.

Posted: Dec 18th 2009 10:53AM Kaoy said

Indy game from an Indy developer. Expecting anything like a perfectly precise release date would be insane. Honestly, if it releases by March, I would be very happy. Any time in early spring would be acceptable too.

Posted: Dec 18th 2009 11:34AM Sean D said

Game developers/marketers should refrain from announcing release dates until they are sure they can meet them. I'm not anticipating Mortal Online. I'm arguing for the principle. To provide a release date and then not meet it is the same as failing to fulfill a promise. An additional week of free play is spittle in the face of those who are waiting for this game as it hardly meets or matches the disappointment of the fans.

That might be too harsh a view. At the very least, missing an announced release date gives prospective players cause to question the quality of the final product before it's even released. If the makers can't uphold this commitment, what other commitments will they fall short of?

Just be careful with announcing release dates in general. I wish all the best for MO.

Posted: Dec 18th 2009 12:01PM ultimateq said

It's ok, I'm willing to wait for this game. APB is the game that needs to hurry up and get released.

Posted: Dec 18th 2009 1:15PM JediPagan said

I've been in beta for 6 months. The delay was requested overwhelmingly by beta testers because a lot of content just got dropped in the game and we want more time to test it. This game has been shaped by the testers to a degree I've never seen. Star Vault as a developer has been outstanding when it comes to listening to the players and the delay is a result. Don't expect a high budget mMO with Mortal Online. This game is a small developer labor of love. That said if you love sandbox MMOs you may love this game. For roleplayers MO has huge potential. MO will benefit from the delay and launch with more polish and fewer bugs. But in reality MO will probably be a work in progress over the next year. I just hope Star Vault sells enough subs to make MO a success. It's great to have choices.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2009 4:48PM (Unverified) said

In the beta as well, and I agree with the other testers, this game needs more time, there are basic portions of it that are completely unusable at the moment. I don't share the idea that they've been amazing developers though. Good PR? Sure, but, the product is currently terrible.

Posted: Dec 18th 2009 2:53PM Yoh said

Oh happy day! It's been delayed.

This will give it much needed time to ahhh.... gain it's legs.
I honestly don't think it's ready to dance for our amusement yet.

But only an month?,,,,, hmmmm, that seems a bit short.
Two or three months would have been more adequate, still better then nothing.

~Yoh