Posted: Dec 16th 2009 10:28PM Ivasen said

Ah, nice.

I'm glad they are doing what Square would typically do; basic knowledge and intelligence rather than just pure hardware specifications and first come first serve.

Looks like they actually mean business that they actually want every single person to report things.

Posted: Dec 16th 2009 10:44PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
of course its announced jp primetime so all of japan is trying to get on the site.

Posted: Dec 16th 2009 11:48PM (Unverified) said

Are you kidding me?

It was announced at 1PM. That's not "prime time" that's "lunch time".

Don't start this crap before the game's already out...

Posted: Dec 17th 2009 1:23AM Arkanaloth said

A Japanese company making an announcement during the middle of the day in Japan... the nerve of them!!! They should stay up til 2 or 3 am so they can make announcements during the middle of the day here in the US!!! /sarcasm

Posted: Dec 16th 2009 10:51PM Suplyndmnd said

\o/ Applied. I have a lot of past experience and played XI for 4+ years so i'm hoping I get in. Would be awesome.

Posted: Dec 16th 2009 10:54PM (Unverified) said

i just got a ps3 just for this game. i figured it would be a safer bet and i could run on higher settings than my pc.

Posted: Dec 16th 2009 11:04PM (Unverified) said

The last question on the application is bugged (as of this writing anyway). Unless they only meant to invite people who run game fan-sites?

Posted: Dec 16th 2009 11:27PM myr said

Well they sent out an email to everyone who put their address in on the FFXIV site, so I'm assuming they want everyone to sign up... I just checked "A site that is none of the above" so I didn't have to enter in a URL. Probably a mistranslation on that last option.

I do wish they had an option to enter in multiple PC specs too.

Posted: Dec 17th 2009 4:37AM Miffy said

I hate their account service. I made an account when FF11 came out but I found out they've deleted it which is annoying because I can't go back to that game and when I try to register the CD KEY it says it's been used. So now I have to go buy the game again to play it and I've lost my characters and everything. Plus having an old account gives you a sense of pride for being in the original game. And the rules for the password and username are stupid.

So I can't be bothered with this game knowing they'll delete my account if I don't play for a few years.

Posted: Dec 17th 2009 3:57PM Cendres said

They have NEVER deleted accounts, they used to delete characters after 3-6 months of inactivity but they have stopped doing that. If you don't have your playonline ID (POL) anymore it's because you've mistakenly deleted that instead of your character or you forgot what the number is, you can call them at the 800 number to try to retrieve it. :)

POL accounts and Square Enix accounts are not the same thing, if you've never bought a security token you probably wouldn't have a SE account anyway.

Posted: Dec 17th 2009 5:07AM (Unverified) said

Thanks for the update, might check it out. I don't have TOO much faith in it, but they seem to be mixing things up enough to make me interested in the game.

Even though the races are extremely unoriginal.

Posted: Dec 17th 2009 6:30AM MrGutts said

So is this game a new mmo for them or just another stand alone title, is it a sequel? Someone clue me here..

Posted: Dec 17th 2009 7:28AM archipelagos said

New MMO.

Posted: Dec 17th 2009 8:41AM (Unverified) said

Anyone else having problems with their site? When I go to put in my username and password to get to the application it just doesn't seem to do anything after I press Log in. Screen just flashes and nothing happens. Same thing happens on normal Square-enix members page when I try to log in. Have tried turning off security software and using different web browsers. Any ideas?

Posted: Dec 17th 2009 3:58PM Cendres said

Try updating your flash or java, it's probably something wonky with one of those things. :)

Posted: Dec 17th 2009 9:38AM Valdur said

That's great news indeed :)

Posted: Dec 17th 2009 10:06AM Dumac said

Had no problems signing up.

Posted: Dec 17th 2009 10:11AM (Unverified) said

Yeah.. this is a fail....

I am logged into the square website, yet, when I try to log in to sign up for beta it tells me my account doesn't exist.

I have been trying off and on since 8am.....

Booooooooooo

Oh and they deleted my old account that I played on for years.....

Double Booooooooo

Posted: Dec 17th 2009 1:32PM (Unverified) said

Are you trying to log in with your Playonline ID or your Square Enix Member account.

Because neither qualify for this. I have a SE Member account, for their forums, games, avatars, etc, and that does not accept the ID on this page.

Also, they never delete anyone's Playonline ID. They may delete characters, which can be recovered (but it's not guaranteed) but never the main account.

Posted: Dec 17th 2009 2:03PM (Unverified) said

It asks for your SE ID..... it's broken.... very very broken lol

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014