Posted: Dec 14th 2009 8:17PM (Unverified) said

I am very excited about this patch going live. The houses are really cool :).

The PvP block chat feature is also something I've been looking forward to.

Posted: Dec 14th 2009 8:50PM Pingles said

Loved this game but was very disappointed with how they incorporated pay content into quests. Too many times I'd have boatload of quests only to discover I could not finish any of them until I paid.

Posted: Dec 14th 2009 9:52PM (Unverified) said

Try actually subscribing to a game before you gripe about having to pay to play it. Buying zones one at a time through microtransactions would be a headache in ANY game. 9 bucks a month and the whole gameworld is open. It's even a free download.

Posted: Dec 15th 2009 12:40AM Pingles said

I've subscribed to many a game without hesitating. My "gripe" is that the game gets very restrictive for the free players.

One of the reasons I subscribed to Free Realms was because of how impressed I was by the volume of free content. I didn't subscribe to get more, I actually subscribed to "support" the game.

Wizard 101 was quite different. In fact, it was an example of the worst kind of F2P in my opinion. A game that starts to eliminate more and more content as you progress, asking you to pay to continue.

As I said in my post above I actually enjoyed the game. Impressive graphic engine and animations and the only card combat I've ever enjoyed. Perhaps that is why I was so very disappointed with how they arranged their content.

Posted: Dec 15th 2009 1:20AM (Unverified) said

Eh, Wizard 101 never claimed to be a F2P game. It has a ten level trial that doesn't end. The content for those ten levels eventually ends, but you can keep playing the trial indefinitely. There's a big difference.

Posted: Dec 15th 2009 11:23AM Pingles said

You are absolutely right. I stand corrected. I should have read their front page a little more carefully before downloading the "trial" and then bashing them!

As I said, it's a good game. If you're looking for a good, P2P, kid-oriented and clever game I highly recommend it!

One Shots: How to taze your dragon

Posted on Dec 29th 2014 10:00AM

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM