Posted: Dec 7th 2009 5:40PM Oneiromancer said

I'm not sure if I will be eligible for the 6-year rewards the next time I resub to EQ2...I don't think it should count all the times I've let my subscription lapse but I always seem to get new ones every time I come back.

Anyway, the Call of the Veteran ability is very nice. I just hope it's on a separate cooldown from Call of the Tinkerer and/or Call of the Hero, both of which I have as a Conjuror with max Tinkering. Otherwise it pretty much invalidates the main reason I leveled Tinkering.

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 6:53PM ElfLove said

I've been debating getting back into this game...but I wonder.....how well does it play on high end computers?

I'm currently running a quad core with 8gigs of ram and a ATI HD 4870 X2 (drivers 9.2)...running on XP pro 32 bit.

Any known issues? I've become really bored with WOW and even though this game can get lonely at the lower levels...it has...a 'feel' to it that WOW just cant touch.

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 8:12PM Slob Zombie said

2 things. Your system sounds like a beast so your performance should be as good as it gets. From what I've played lately, it's not the most optimized engine in the world, but you can certainly get nice visuals at a nice FPS.

Second, and this is to everybody, how many other people are looking to get started in EQ2? I can't get my friends to quit WoW even after 5 years of playing, so I need some new internet buds to come play another MMO with me. It'd be fun to put together a random misfit crew and take in what Norrath has to offer (btw, my experience in EQ2 is playing up to level 18ish and loving everything I saw).

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 8:29PM ElfLove said

*blush* Thank you very much! My beast of a computer is my pride and joy let me tell ya. ^_^

However as strong as it is sometimes she gets the vapors and tends go all crazy on me...I think it has to do with ATI and there lovely reputation for making really...shaky...drivers. Which is why I haven't updated them in a while..it's stable...for now. o_O

You know I'd love to join a group that was interested in starting up this game again.....I think my last character got to...I think..level 10 ( I had a fairy, a dark elf, a cat, and a mouse hehe)....because WOW really is starting to feel empty and hollow.

I was having fun with it until I reached the level cap....and then...I dunno it just felt so stale and boring. I love the art and lore of WOW but the game itself seems to be more about raiding ( and epic lewtz) than the actual journey.

With EQ2 the journey felt so vast and so far away that I feel as if I could spend years just...doing everything.

It's weird that this game keeps calling me back...o_O

Posted: Dec 8th 2009 5:49AM Graill440 said

It is sad your 32 bit system cant use close to those 8 gigs, heres some very simple math for you (the hacks for 32 bit floating around dont work either)

_32
2 = 4,294,967,296
4,294,967,296 / (1,024 x 1,024) = 4,096

With XP pro 32 bit its even actually less, 3.4 gigs useable with SP3.

But you meant to say a 64 bit system...........right? *chuckle*

Posted: Dec 8th 2009 9:17AM Slob Zombie said

I think the general reaction to Windows 7 is that it's pretty damn good, in case you're still using XP because you didn't like Vista. I recently built a new Core i5 rig running Win 7 64-bit and I love it. With your hardware, you should get some great gaming results. And Graill is right, that 8gb is definitely going to waste with XP.

You can get the Home Premium upgrade for $30 until January if you have a college email address (assuming the upgrade works from XP, I hope it does):

Posted: Dec 8th 2009 12:07PM (Unverified) said

It actually plays really good on high end computers. One of the biggest flaws of it at launch was that the specs for it were a little bit high for the time it was released. Technology is finally catching up to it now, and it actually looks surprisingly good for being several years old as well as playing good. I'm of the opinion this game is really under rated for how good it is.

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 8:17PM (Unverified) said

Haven't played in a year. Only got my bardot whatever they call it to 42. I know there's a ton of content but cani even enjoy it??? Last time I got ontjeservers were empty except thelevel 60 zones... Anyone know what's thepopulation is like and if it's even worth coming back to?

Posted: Dec 8th 2009 5:22AM (Unverified) said

EQ2 is a very good game now. Doesn't run ok, considering that with today comps it should run at lightspeed, but it's full of content, places, stories and lore. If you have some buddies to play with and you forget about the crazy leveling rush, you'll enjoy the game a lot.

Hugs.

Posted: Dec 8th 2009 9:00AM Miffy said

They got a veteran comeback trial active now for the next 22 days.

Why I Play: ArcheAge

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 12:00PM

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM