Posted: Dec 7th 2009 4:05PM (Unverified) said

I wasn't able to watch this preview but can anyone tell me if they are doing anything to make travel faster? The main reason I unsubbed is I got bored to death of running back and forth, back and forth from quests, back to town and from town to town. It was way too slow and tedious. The Path of Asura skill recharge was too long so that didnt help much and I didnt get to level 40 to buy a mount because I just couldnt take it anymore.

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 4:07PM krakead said

New mounts, but nothing about fast travel unfortunately. And the playfield they demo'd looked huge...

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 4:15PM Dumac said

Watched it. The graphics are amazing. They showed some lush green plains, misty marshes, a forest with red trees and grass, some towns and caves. Beautiful stuff.

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 4:35PM elocke said

Watched it. Wasn't impressed because it was just more of the same of what AoC already got right. Mounts and graphics. The game doesn't have issues in these departments. It has issues in gameplay and reasons for doing all that running back and forth.

What I wanted to see is the new alternate advancement stuff, but they didn't even mention that. Matter of fact, the whole demo about put me to sleep.

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 11:21PM (Unverified) said

I think it was a great video. FC's communication is much better now and this open-ness proves it.

This was only a beta showing one mount, one playfield and that was it... chill (@Bryan) it will all be there.

I am waiting for the 10.6 patch with guild renown and ARENAS!!! (which also allow you to spectate)

Least Aoc is moving in the right direction, onwards. :)