Posted: Dec 7th 2009 9:20AM Loki1 said

Heh I bet the "changes" were addressed to make it more conformant to WoW ranks.

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 9:52AM (Unverified) said

What makes you say that (beyond possibly not having any experience with the game in its current or previous incarnations)?

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 11:42AM Loki1 said

I'm not "saying it", man, i'm "betting", which means i know i might be wrong, but that's my bet... because it happened before, and it's a trend and it's a marketing failsafe move... so there's good odds this case will be like the others.

As the man below said, in the minds of developers applying a structure that you know has had success, and it's familiar, and it's comfortable to everyone. works like a tight harness for free-climbers, it's a base of support.

Market is a scared wimp of a gambler that you may see in Vegas, those that put chips below the table and inside their underware.

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 1:27PM (Unverified) said

You would have lost this bet. This game is so far away from WoW like a MMORPG can be. No PvE, no Classes, no char skills, permadeath and so on and so on

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 2:34PM Loki1 said

Bah i heard people saying even Crafthammer: world of reckoning is completely different from the blizzard's antichrist.

BUT!
Now i wanna see it. :)

And ofc i'll be more than glad to know i lost my bet!
As far as i am concerned, though, i cry clone the second i see an exclamation mark.

(cause quests are like 95% of what you do in a MMO, so they determine the whole game/clone)

I'll get into it and verify.

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 10:07AM Seffrid said

I imagine because seemingly in the minds of all developers the only reason a MMO fails is because it isn't enough like WoW, nothing to do with the fact that it simply isn't good enough to succeed.

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 12:12PM Thac0 said

I played it all day yesterday and Its quite different and nothing like WoW despite the bets of the above poster. Its free and its totally player run, I'd give it a try if i was any of you just for fun you never know you might like it too. I was sure it was going to be crap until i played it and i changed my mind.

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 3:51PM Pingles said

Thanks for that comment. Nice to get a quick review rather than speculation.

Still a little confused about the game's mechanics so I'll head to the site to check out what it's all about.

Posted: Dec 8th 2009 7:15AM (Unverified) said

I've liked this game back in the first wave of CB1. I lurved the concept. The changes are nice and the game feels semi finished. I look forward to playing it more.

Also, It is best to arm yourself, cause even miners get picked off like flies :(

Posted: Dec 10th 2009 1:12PM (Unverified) said

I just tried it out myself- Its all player run. The items are all player made, the economy is based on supply/demand, all of the "missions" are handed down the organization from players higher up the chain of command. The community seems helpful (which is good, as there is no manual yet) and open to new players. Currently the population seems too Law Enforcement heavy, which stops crime, but restricts the actions of the criminal player groups too much. Haven't tried out combat yet- I spent the first few days patrolling areas for the military and scanning other players for illegal substances. Group roles don't seem well defined as of yet- Both the police and the military seem to share roles, with the military seeming extraneous.
It seems to have calmed down, from what I can tell. I didn't see anyone randomly fighting. I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks, but so far, it does seem to be RP oriented and stable. Runs well on my machine too.

Posted: Dec 20th 2009 9:32PM (Unverified) said

Hmm, thanks for the report. I'll have to give it a shot, as I really like the idea of FPS combat in an MMO setting. I'd heard the earlier FoM was lackluster and boring, but if they've spiffed it up, I'll go for the beta registration and let them know how it plays for me.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014