Posted: Dec 4th 2009 9:24AM Aganazer said

I am very VERY sad to say... None of them.

Cataclysm - no more WoW, sorry been there done that for too long

TOR - Going for so much mass appeal it will dumbed down to the least common denominator of human intelligence

Earthrise - Too much PvP focus and I can't stand the audience that PvP games attract. I'm still holding some hope, but not much.

Mortal Online - Underdeveloped and again, too much PvP focus

STO - Losing faith in Cryptic and too many load screens

GW2 and FFXiV - Don't do cutesy childlike Asian themes. Can't stand that style.

There are a few games that *might* get good, but there is just no concrete info out yet like Heroes of Telara and the 38 Studios game. APB might be fun for a few weeks, but I don't think its a keeper.

I guess I'll settle in with Fallen Earth and wait out the next year.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 9:27AM Meagen said

CoH:GR will have to tide me over until GW2 is a bit less distant.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 9:28AM Snow Leopard said

Star Trek Online. The level of customization just sounds ridiculous and the fact that I get my own ship with its own crew is just too awesome to not pick up. The Old Republic looks cool but I think the only reason I’m pumped for it is because Bioware is involved. The fact that there’s only four classes(two of which are jedi/sith) kind of underwhelms me.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 9:29AM (Unverified) said

ToR, GW2 and DCU no doubt if they come out in 2010. Carbine has a game that has peaked my interest and it has been under wraps for quite a while. Doubt it will make 2010 but I will probably try it since they have hired some very talented people to design and write the game. I will try the AoC expansion as well. After the Cryptic and CO pains, I won't try STO until 2011 and only if it gets great reviews with good player retention.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 9:33AM Serious Table said

Star Trek Online, then Star Wars: The Old Republic. These look like games I could get in to.

That is, of course, if I can pry myself away from Mass Effect 2 long enough...

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 9:42AM (Unverified) said

I am really looking forward to SW:TOR. I believe they are doing a good job at marketing the game. I have been participating in the community a lot and it is very anxious and active. I have noticed that the majority of the community wants to roleplay to some extent. Since the focus of this game is story, when you couple that with a fantastic community looking to add their own elements to the story, I think we will have a fun game. Everyone seemed to think that WAR was going to be fantastic and when it came out it sucked. But, I believe that it can work both ways. So, it should have just as much of a chance as the rest of the games. I know some of the nuts and bolts that have been displayed so far are not quite promising.(The classes + their roles in combat) But it could easily be remedied. Vanilla WoW was a COMPLETELY different game then WoTLK. So, we need to expect the evolution of this design to ripen with time. I'm willing to give it that time and pioneer that world. I hope you will all join me and give TOR the benefit of the doubt.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 10:28AM Cendres said

Just remember that community before a game's launch is usually 5 times better then the one you get after launch. In cases like AoC it's two completely different beasts.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 10:57AM Holgranth said

I'm playing a wait and see game. While I'm not one of the people who is prematurely picking the game to pieces I think it is EXTREMELY ambitious possibly over ambitious.

Because of that I'm also not getting prematurely excited about the game, I think outright dismissing it is dumb, but acting like it is going to be the "Holy Grail" of mmos is dumber.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 10:10AM (Unverified) said

Not planning on buying any new MMOs next year until they've been out for a while and proved they're worth the money.

I will be picking up CoH: Going Rogue though. Beyond that, I got nothin'.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 10:12AM (Unverified) said

SW:TOR
Allods ONline
Earthrise

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 10:19AM Stormwaltz said

My top answer, sadly, is the same as last year's: Jumpgate. I doubt Black Prophesy will release in 2010 given the financial issues Reakktor suffered this year, and aside from that only APB intrigues me.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 10:20AM elocke said

I'm an MMO junkie, so I basically will be waiting for them all and trying them all. That being said, I do have a few that are on top of my list.

STO
FFXIV
Heroes of Telara
STOR: if it launches next year
Any and all expansions for EQ2, LOTRO, WoW

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 10:23AM Cendres said

Well.... That is the million dollar question, and I thought 2009 was the year of the MMO, pfft 2010 looks really yummy too.

My main one is FF14 as a huge FF fan, we're getting spoiled this year getting all our FF fix in one fell swoop. (FF13, versus, crystal chronicles ect..)

I have a lot of misgivings about TOR but I'm VERY curious about this one for sure.

The Secret World is also something to keep an eye on.

DC Online, a more modern super hero game by Sony? Yes please!!

The Agency? Is that coming out this year?

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 10:23AM Cendres said

Oh Dude! Yes Heroes of Telara, though I have doubts it'll come out in 2010, I'll guesstimate late 2011..

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 1:44PM (Unverified) said

Dust514 and EvE expensions

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 10:27AM Arkanaloth said

my list of 2010 MMO's I'm looking forward to the most:

1) Final Fantasy XIV
2) Star Wars: The Old Republic
3) Star Trek Online

my list of MMO's that will get canceled in 2010:

1) World of Warcraft
2) Final Fantasy XI

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 10:28AM DarthCheese said

APB, SW:TOR and FFXIV, that's about it.

Not getting my hopes up with STO, however JGE might turn our to be interesting.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 10:41AM ultimateq said

ST:O, APB, FFXIV (I think that's the right number), Mortal Online.

ST:O, Because I'm a trekky.
APB, Because it looks amazing.
FFXIV, Because I'm ready for a new fantasy style MMO.
Mortal Online, because I really like the idea of a sandbox mmo.

Now if only would could have a fantasy/sci-fi/crime based/sandbox mmo. I'd be in heaven.

You know what I mean; elves with lazer beemz, stealing cars, while griefing his teammates whom he just killed.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 10:42AM CCon99 said

Mass Effect 2 should hold me over for a good while. I interested in seeing how APB turns out, I hope it winds up being a big surprise for RP and PvPers. Hopefully all of those will hold me over till 2011 when hopefully SWTOR will be ready for launch sometime that year.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 10:59AM Erzeal said

No new game.. Looking forward to the WoW: Cataclysm expansion.. Cant wait!