Posted: Dec 4th 2009 5:45PM Cendres said

I like to get my work and chores done before gaming, usually that's in the morning/early afternoon. Sometimes I indulge and just dive into gaming but then I know I've still got work to do later or making the next day longer...

For my family I like to spend at least one hour with each member or more a night during the week, the weekend I do little gaming and we spend time together. Sometimes I can do both gaming and spend time with them if we all want to play a game. Free Realms and Wiz 101 is great for family time and gaming time all in one.

But it's important to do other things like swimming, going to the park and generally just getting out of the house with your family too. Nothing good ever remains good if done in excess, it's all about that darned balance. :)

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 6:51PM thebillyman said

Just want to say that this is fantastic advice!

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 7:49PM ultimateq said

This really was a great article. I am not married, nor do I have children (yet). But I'm still in my early/mid 20s, not quite ready for (or want) those responsibilities. Not sure if I ever will be.

Posted: Dec 5th 2009 7:52PM (Unverified) said

One thing I'm having fun doing is exploring new games that my 9 y.o. son likes - most that I would have never looked at twice before kids. It's a lot of fun for him to run around a virtual world with me and grouping for quests.

We both enjoy DDO - but can't play it that often due to the unbroken time that a quest usually requires. It's much easier to sit down and play games like Fiesta where we can hop in and run around for a a half hour, even on a school night. His current favorite is Grand Fantasia. He loves the sprite!

I sit next to my younger daughters while they play other games. My 6 year old loves, predictably, Hello Kitty Online. She's in kindergarten and I have to read all the text to her - but she can certainly navigate around on her own.

Posted: Dec 15th 2009 10:31AM (Unverified) said

It's a great idea!!
I also love doing this with my son, 7yo. We like playing MMO games together, it's perfect for both of us: I can control what he's playing and he loves playing with daddy on the Internet!!

Well, I'd like to share with you this:
We've watched Planet 51 and liked the movie so much, so I looked for some more information on the Internet and I found this MMO game which is perfect for kids and it's for free!
www.planet51online.com

if you want to see how it looks, watch this link

Hope you have fun playing with your kids or watching them playing and doing safe stuff.bye!!

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM