Posted: Dec 3rd 2009 9:31PM (Unverified) said

I didn't think it was all that bad as most did, maybe because it was not on my short "primary games" list but rather a secondary game that I played only every so often. I thought it was fairly addictive and also at the time one of the very few games that actually took advantage of DX10. Wouldn't mind some kind of private server (shhh don't tell) but then again maybe there are some since I never have looked for any for HGL.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2009 10:59PM (Unverified) said

I always thought Hellgate seemed somewhat interesting, a bit more polish and it could have been fairly decent. It would be nice if it was patched up (perhaps extensively) and sent state-side.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 1:25PM (Unverified) said

I agree. The core ideas behind the game in terms of backstory were good -- demons and dark arts mashed up with a modern post-apoc setting. Graphically I thought it was pretty nice too.

Some of the quest dialogue was very corny, that always bothered me, but all in all I always thought the game had some real potential. It didn't grab me enough to sub though, nor to get in on the Founder's offer (lifetime sub). Despite its flaws, I really did like Hellgate: London and was sad to see it go.

@ Slayblaze, I haven't looked into whether private servers are up and running but might be worth checking in to -- strictly for, uh, news coverage purposes of course. :)

Posted: Dec 3rd 2009 11:21PM (Unverified) said

I really enjoyed Hellgate, though I found the actual multiplayer aspects to be sadly lacking. It was very difficult to get a party together that actually worked together. I still play the single player game now and then. Good fun, but it was a bit of a work in progress when it was shut down.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 1:34AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Yea and some of us quite enjoyed the original SWG.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 9:31AM Aganazer said

I really liked HGL. Its not a game I would sub to, but I kept returning to it for a little coop time with friends. It filled the niche that Borderlands now fills. There are plenty of things that HGL had that I wish Borderlands had, and vice versa. HGL had way better character development and more diverse classes. Borderlands has better environments and atmosphere. There are probably more similarities than differences though.

Posted: Jan 1st 2010 4:13PM (Unverified) said

Yanno, if its not being released here why is it still being reported on? As someone who actually liked the game a lot this is about like being emailed pictures of your ex in compromising positions with her new man -- just let it DIE!