Posted: Dec 2nd 2009 5:31PM (Unverified) said

Vault of Night (VON) has a good dungeon feel with varied enemies and nice battle royale at the 'end' so it would make a nice video compilation. Its in House K and there are some quest requirements.

Posted: Dec 2nd 2009 7:28PM JoeH42 said

Vault of Night would be a lot of fun but I think Fahryn and most of the guild are too low level for it. Vorac, my uncle on his level 10 barbarian, Nver, and two level 10 hirelings had a fairly hard time with the first quest and eventually failed the second quest in the series. The 2nd quest has a part that is almost like a platform gamer wherein you have to avoid getting blown off a ledge but gusts of wind (if even one person fails, you all fail). That can be fairly frustrating with a large group and there's some tough fights in it. It is, however, a very fun quest chain.
I'd have to vote for Xorian Cipher, the black orbs of magic that move around and hit you with random spells (if you get too close) are a lot of fun and it's a challenging quest. Perhaps if the poll decides that we should do a long quest and tape it we can do whichever quest won 3rd place on last week's poll.

Posted: Dec 2nd 2009 11:37PM (Unverified) said

i think the bloopers video should be done no matter what gets voted as an added portion but if its going to be death scenes im going to get alot of screen time. im ready for my closeup

Posted: Dec 3rd 2009 2:16PM Inspectah said

I dont want to see you move to another game :(
I enjoy reading the adventures every week and my group sort of follows in the same footsteps after I read the quest you just completed.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2009 3:44PM SkuzBukit said

Xorian Cipher would be good, I particularly enjoyed that one.

A combination of the bosses compilation with "funny bits" interspersed inbetween would work very well I think.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2009 11:05PM (Unverified) said

I think a walkthrough video would be a little on the boring side, though for a quest like Xorian, the chaos balls would at least provide entertainment.

Keep in mind, Xorian Cipher does include a spot where you split up and requires 4 people (or more) to stand on runes.

Vault of the Night can be a bit tough at level 10.. though when it was put in level 10 was in fact the level cap. The dragon fight is very exciting, but getting to the fight requires a lot of work.

Posted: Dec 4th 2009 5:15PM JoeH42 said

I think the only downside of a bloopers reel is that while we've had a few bloopers ('it looks clear to me' *dies from trap*) they've mostly been scattered over the last few weeks and not sure how many we'd get in a single run per se. Altho if we do Xorian Cipher there's high odds of the classic "Look out! There's a chaos orb behin....uh...nevermind now I guess." blooper happening a few times. Always good for a lark.

Posted: Dec 7th 2009 8:37AM (Unverified) said

With what seems to be the core of your guild members' levels where they are [lvl 6-7], I'd suggest Gwylan's Stand and/or Tears of Dhakaan [both in House P.]. Both would be a good challenge for your level on Hard/Elite, and probably a bit less deadly than the level 8 or 9 quests that you've been doing. Bring a good trapmonkey for Gwylan's.

The Xorian Cipher is a pain... As a heads up, on Hard difficulty, with a balanced party ranging from 7 to 10, we wiped after splitting up [a part mentioned by someone above]. I know some people may say they did it splendidly in similar conditions, but it's a rough quest and unless you level up or bring some higher leveled people, you may encounter similar results to mine.

For Tears and Xorian, find members with diverse primary ability stats if you want to get the most out of it. [E.g.: someone who can reach 22 in an ability score like Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, etc...]

Good luck, and enjoy the last week of DDO!