Posted: Dec 1st 2009 1:37AM Nintendesert said

Hmmm, I'll wait for Torchlight MMO version. Though playing Mythos again is very tempting. There was something about that game that I think Torchlight has captured very well.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 4:03AM Miffy said

Yeh not interested unless the Torchlight team or Blizzard are developing it.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 4:42AM (Unverified) said

I miss this game so much.. I had just begun to get into the crafting system before it shut down. CBT now plz.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 5:06AM (Unverified) said

Gearing up for launch? Hah, I remember playing this like 2 years ago. It's a fun game, probably would of been more successful a while ago though, without Diablo III looming.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 11:10AM swarmofcats said

You consider a 2011-or-later release date to be "looming"? Diablo 3 is a looooooooooong ways away.

I think the best way to think about Diablo 3 is to not think about it at all until a release date is set in stone. Then again, I've been thinking about Starcraft 2 since they announced it 2 1/2 years ago, so I've become wise to Blizzard's ways now and have learned my lesson well.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 6:33AM (Unverified) said

I'm all for this. I hope the Torchlight MMO does well (though the single player game was very disappointing), but I'm not going to pass up something I know was extremely fun to play.

And Diablo 3's not coming out next year. I don't think that even comes close to being competition.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 10:28AM Scuffles said

Hmm if there is a torchlight MMO I might check it out but having been in the original beta for mythos, well it was a beta towards the end the game went down about three weeks after I got in. I have to say the game then was awesome not sure how much has changed and what has stayed the same.

Tho I think they could have held onto the IP had they launched the game before they tried to mess with the overworld and had it start out as a more diablo style chat forum and game finder then come out a year or so later with the persistent overworld.

I would have to say I don't care who develops it tho I am sorry that it wasn't flagship to finish it, as long as (scrolls up) Redbana US has done a good job completing and polishing the game, I am happy to say I don't suffer from the crippling brand loyalty others seem to and I will enjoy playing mythos.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 12:13PM Randomessa said

I am so interested in finally getting to try this game out! My interest level in Mythos is greater than for Torchlight, even if only for the more extensive visual character customization and the ability to switch to over-the-shoulder view (I've never been a fan of isometric-only views).

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 12:13PM (Unverified) said

If the game is good then why not play. I'll give it a shot but don't hold your breath, I'm a Runic gamer and I love Torchlight. :D

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 2:46PM Dumac said

Ive read somewhere that the projected release "date" for Torchlight MMO is two years after the SP release, so its nice that Mythos is about to release as i hate long waits :) I haven't played Mythos personally but i heard lots about it, and have yet to come across a single person who didn't like what they experienced in the beta, so I'm quite excited and have high hopes for both games.

Sort of feel bad for Runic now. If Redbana sticks to the original Mythos design, Runic is going to have to do something different with Torchlight, otherwise they would be competing with, ironically, their own game.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014