Posted: Dec 1st 2009 6:03PM Felnor said

Funny thing, they still having fixed the issue with jumping in the game as of last night. They may have in this last patch but to me it doesn't look like they did.
I'm calling this MMO, DOA.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 6:13PM Felnor said

Oh and by the way, I'm looking forward to Allods. Looks like those cats have a winner on their hands. Better looking than Runes of Magic.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 6:49PM DevilSei said

Okay, I'm taking bets on when this game will "decide" to switch to F2P, pots at 50$ US for it going under the F2P banner in three months!

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 8:01PM Felnor said

I doubt they go F2P but it will be interesting to see what happens. I give them 6 months before the Investors come pounding on the door asking, where's my return. Rule of Advice, if you can't develop an original MMO that doesn't "borrow" anything from the competing games, get out and stay out.

Posted: Dec 2nd 2009 6:27AM Eamil said

@felnor: Almost no MMOs are made up entirely of original ideas. The only one that comes to mind off the top of my head is EVE, and that's probably just because I haven't bothered to think of any of the ways it's similar to other MMOs. Most online games borrow from each other left and right.

That's not to say Alganon didn't cross the border between "borrowing ideas" and outright plagiarism, but demanding 100% originality from every new MMO might be asking a bit much. ;-)

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 7:34PM Mad Dog said

Dont see why any one would ant to pay to play this game.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 8:04PM karnisov said

its funny cause the president of the company was bashing f2p in an earlier interview. there's alot of decent f2p titles out there. and if he goes f2p i'mma laugh in his face.

Posted: Dec 2nd 2009 6:01AM (Unverified) said

There may be good F2P games, but there's plenty of people (myself included) who flat out won't play F2P games. It's nothing against the games themselves, it's the entire cash shop model that's a turnoff.

The interview I read him talking about F2P indicated his problems were with the model, not some assumption that F2P games are lower quality.

I am not personally playing Alganon (thought about it, but friends were playing other games), but I'm happy to see that some developers don't accept the notion that F2P is the way of the future. It gives me hope that in ten years I won't be forced out of MMOs entirely for refusing to play F2P.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2009 11:53AM (Unverified) said

BubblePriest has a good point. Even though I'm loving the Allods Online beta right now, the key crux of it will be how the F2P Store within it is implemented. If done right, it could really attract a big audience. If don't wrong, it could turn off a lot of people who are enjoying it at the moment.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 10:48PM (Unverified) said

How much does this game cost to play, anyways?

I was somewhat interested in the game until I heard it cost money, which is not something I would consider when there's kind of a... better alternative.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 11:20PM (Unverified) said

$40 for the game, $15 a month sub, just like all AAA MMOs, but it isn't one!

Posted: Dec 2nd 2009 1:56AM (Unverified) said

I hope they have something to offer in the game mechanics that let it bring something to the table versus the other fantasy mmo titles or they will be forced to go F2p like the rest. End of story.

I wouldnt play it at first glance even if it was F2p, I dont like games that look the same as games ive played before.

Posted: Dec 2nd 2009 2:04AM Dread said

F2P by Christmas ;)

Posted: Dec 2nd 2009 4:45AM (Unverified) said

It's already on sale at D2D for $20. I wouldn't pay that much for it though.

Posted: Dec 2nd 2009 6:43AM AlienFanatic said

I blew $20 to buy the retail release after reading some of the more pleasant forum goers on Alganon. (It'd be so nice to find a mature community in ANY MMO anymore.) Sadly, the game is not worth even the $20 I spent, and certainly not worth an ongoing fee. The graphics are horrible. The game is buggy. The sounds are grating (you almost want to turn it off). The quests are boring. And even the game's layout is nonsensical.

Frankly, I'm amazed that any company would release such a poor quality game and hope to compete. WAR and AOC had vastly superior game engines, and have failed to make a significant dent in the MMO marketplace. How could the creators of Alganon possibly justify releasing this as it is?

Posted: Dec 2nd 2009 9:29AM Holgranth said

Because like Darkfall before them they are an indie dev who ran out of money and are selling a hyped up shoddy product to raise funds I'm thinking.

Posted: Dec 5th 2009 3:25PM Rawry said

This game is not, under any circumstances, worth $40 and a subscription fee. Alganon was set up for failure.