Posted: Nov 30th 2009 11:14PM toychristopher said

OMG are you serious? I don't see how they could do it but I will definitely play it.

I loved Ragnarok Online. It is a pretty bad game and the company that made it seems off their rocker but I love Ragnarok Online!

Posted: Nov 30th 2009 11:48PM mode7overworld said

Ragnarok is somehow a really charming game. I enjoyed it a lot when I played it and even when it's at its worst there's still a great feel to it. I've always thought that the 2D/3D style is yet untapped for fun, simple MMOs.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 7:42AM (Unverified) said

Oh god, I can't stand Ragnarok, but I keep considering going back just because you get to be a cute 2d sprite and fight a cute poring. The mechanics, gameplay, even social aspects are terrible, but it's got charm, because it's comprehensively cute. If the cute was just tacked-on, I could move on and never think of it again.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 10:38AM (Unverified) said

Whatever happened to Ragnarok Online II? It just kind of fizzled out after the beta was announced.

Posted: Dec 2nd 2009 12:29AM Ariolander said

It is around you can probably find a Private Server for it if you looked really really hard but for the most part the game feels unpolished compared to RO1 and uninspired compared to other 3D MMOs of today. The combat system is bleh and the Ragnarok-level of grind just doesn't cut it anymore.

Really it is really lacking so the fact you heard nothing is a good thing.

What I can't wait for is Ragnarok 1.5 which is what Ragnarok 2 should have been. Since the Ragnarok 2 soruce got leaked (how they are running private servers) a group of dedicated fans is going about porting as much of the Ragnarok 1 gameplay and classes into the Ragnarok 2 engine building a lot of it from scratch.

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 12:55PM monkeybones said

Ragnarok Online II had some very cool videos. I played Rose Online at the time it was announced and we lost all of our designers to Ragnarok Online II. We all assumed that it would be out soon, guess not.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014