Posted: Nov 30th 2009 6:35PM (Unverified) said

Well... I bought Eve on Steam for $5. I now consider myself an Eve fanboy even though it's installed but I haven't played it yet (besides trial a long time ago). As a Eve Fanboy, I consider the the beginning of the patch notes quite funny...

More Corification
* The user system of EVE got corified in order to be more easily used in other CCP products.
* The UI was also corified and is now hardcore.

ROFLMAO

Posted: Nov 30th 2009 6:48PM DrewIW said

Freeform contracts and drones not attacking structures was supposed to be fixed in Apocrypha 1.5.

At this rate, the new sov system will work properly in 2011.

Posted: Nov 30th 2009 7:20PM Dblade said

I think an advanced military tutorial is a good idea. As a new player, what they teach you about combat is good for ratting, but players need to learn how to avoid warp scramblers, how to deal with jamming, and other tools so they can feel at least competent in low sec or 0.0. It would be good I think for many to be able to be better prepared at least for militia or for flying in a pvp corp than to just learn by the seat of their pants only.

Exploration tutorial is needed, there's zero information given to a new player about it. Looks like the change to NPC corps and taxes seems to get people up and arms. Me, 11% isn't that bad.

Posted: Nov 30th 2009 7:52PM DrewIW said

"Me, 11% isn't that bad."

No one with half a brain is going to actually pay 11% though.

See:

and similar threads :D

Posted: Nov 30th 2009 8:56PM Dblade said

Yeah, I read it. Even then, it's really just a tax on mission runners and bounties, and a lot of the wealth from that is salvage. For the noob like me the impact is neglible, and I wonder even what the big deal is for others. If you aren't pvping and are safe from wardecs, what's the big deal if you lose some of your play money from running rat missions?

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 4:26AM (Unverified) said

Eve is a great game, and a complicated one at that. But in order to have fun you'll have to learn the tricks of the trade by yourself.... and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.