Posted: Nov 28th 2009 8:13AM Miffy said

You know if the Sales were like a month ago then I would have done but I've already made myself broke buying presents. Plus the Champions Online free weekend Trial and a Fallen Earth buddy key reminded me why I didn't like them games.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 8:35AM Zaetal said

I bought the THQ pack on Steam for 50 bucks, for that many games for that price, half of which I had been interested in but never bothered to purchase before, was an awesome deal.....

The hardware deals on newegg this year have been meh however.

Too busy with EVE to bother with other MMOs.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 9:10AM engrey said

I bought the THQ pack as well, I had CoH already but none of the expansions. So for the price of two expansions you get like 11 other games which is an amazing deal.

Saints Row 2 is actually a pretty good game, the controls are a little sensitive and the graphics quality is not great but it is very fun.

I also picked up a Sennheiser PC 350 for myself, but it was not really on a Black Friday sale, just marked down in general. 130 for like a 250 headset is not bad at all in my book.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 9:07AM Rednights said

Hoping for an Oblivion discount, though Newegg does sell one for $14 + some DLC.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 9:14AM (Unverified) said

The deals aren't over yet... so I'll just wait to see if they offer any games worth buying. In a few hours steam will have a new batch of games, so let's see how that goes.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 9:20AM Amblin said

yes I did and still will be until the end. You can't agrue with some of the prices.

get em while you can.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 9:49AM Crsh said

Nope, nothing grabbed my fancy (tho I admit I wasn't in much of a "buying" mood), the holiday expenses are starting to stack up so games/gizmos are definitely secondary right now.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 10:56AM DFuzzy1 said

I didn't find anything of interest that required overnight camping. In terms of new games, I already bought Borderlands, Torchlight, and Fallen Earth, and Dragon Age is something I can wait on.

I did pick up Bioshock at Best Buy for $5 and SW: KOTOR off of Steam for $2.50.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 11:08AM (Unverified) said

I bought PC Left 4 Dead 2 from dell for $30 and got Fallen Earth ($25) and Kotor ($2.50) from steam so far. I still need Torchlight, Borderlands and Dragon Age at least. Tough there is 3 more days of this sale, and then the huge end of holidays sale which I'm waiting for. I love steam, especially when they have sweet deals like these. Nice having everything i one place, easy to install.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 11:20AM (Unverified) said

Bought both L4D2 and Dragon Age on Steam during their sales.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 11:38AM Erzeal said

No. I couldn't find anything worth buying.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 11:44AM Erzeal said

I only play WoW anyway. So game deals dont mean anything to me unless its discounted wow time cards.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 11:42AM (Unverified) said

I bought KotOR from Steam for $2.50. I own it on disc somewhere, but have no idea where it got to.

I almost bought Fallen Earth, but changed my mind.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 11:42AM (Unverified) said

Dragon age rules!!! It's a long game... It's worth buying imo.
Keep your eye open, better discounts will come in the next few weeks i'm sure.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 12:01PM Pingles said

Somewhat game related bought a Dell Zino HD for $199. Great little HTPC.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 12:59PM MrDiamondJ said

Out of sheer curiosity I picked up WoW for $5.00 on Amazon. I've heard so much trash talked about it in other MMO chats, I decided to check it out for myself and form my own opinion.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 1:07PM (Unverified) said

saw the Fallen Earth $24.95 sale on STEAM, didn't realize it was only 24 hours, went to go back the next day and it was off sale. I want to check it out, but it was an unplayable Laggy mess in OB, but supposedly they'd fixed it and a lot. I meet well past the min specs (not that min specs mean anything anymore lol), but I won't shell out $50. for a game that I don't know if I can play.

Wish I had a Buddy playing lol.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 1:29PM (Unverified) said

They really did fix a lot of the coding problems with regards to server lag and even hardware lag. I recently snuck in on a buddy pass (my own, from when I bought it opening day) and it plays about three times smoother, even on max settings, than it ever did. Problem is I don't have any buddies playing it, either, so it's hard to justify making room in my gaming schedule to really get into it.

Plus the jump still looks stupid. :P

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 3:24PM Pingles said

I just did a free 14-day trial a few weeks ago. I wasn't invited by anyone, just saw it online. You may want to search around.

Posted: Nov 28th 2009 7:26PM Graill440 said

Go play asherons call, both fallen earth and Ac have the same graphics. However, AC has a much better crafting system and nearly zero lag. Who knew?!

StarCraft II: An MMO player's perspective