Posted: Nov 25th 2009 1:24PM Tom in VA said

I took one look at the website and could not get out of there fast enough....

Posted: Nov 25th 2009 2:07PM (Unverified) said

lmao same! The picture they used for this article is NOT what the game looks like... Its a little kids game... lol...

Posted: Nov 25th 2009 7:40PM MewmewGrrl said

It's anime based, that doesn't mean it's a "kids" game. It's slightly cute, but it's still very fun.

And while it's true that this is "Holic 2" - it's so much different than Holic was. They took the lessons learned from Holic in order to make a much better game.

Basing your opinion of a game purely on looking at the front webpage, no offense but that's not very intelligent. This one is actually pretty good compared to the hordes of sub-par free to play games out there.

Posted: Nov 26th 2009 9:20AM Tom in VA said

Well, Mew. I beg to differ. My general experience has been that if something looks like absolute garbage in its advertising, that's usually exactly what it is.

Posted: Nov 25th 2009 2:22PM kooda said

eh? havent heard of this one but i got a closed beta invite for grand fantasia today looks to me like everybody with an aeria account did :|

Posted: Nov 25th 2009 2:27PM Pingles said

Well, I disagree. It's definitely a kids game but I like the look of the screenshots. I'll give this a shot.

Posted: Nov 25th 2009 2:52PM Tizmah said

It's just Holic 2.

Posted: Nov 26th 2009 11:43AM Pingles said

You know, I gave this game a shot and it's much more than I thought.

Granted, it's fairly familiar stuff and the translations are comical but it's not a kids game like I previously thought. In fact, the female characters are downright sexy (in that Anime kind-of uncomfortable youthful but well-endowed way).

There are some new things added in the mix, one of which I am very taken with: Collection books. You collect cards from mobs you kill and arrange them in books for bonuses.

The graphics are sparse and a generation or two behind but the characters animations are great.

Controls are almost game-breaking for me but to be honest I'm having so much fun in the world that I am seeing what I can do with them.

If you try it give it 5 or 6 levels. The first introduction is a bit eye-rolling but the game grows on you.

Posted: Dec 6th 2009 11:24AM Seasqwaa said

I'm am glad you said this. You shouldn't judge a game just by looking at it's screenshots.
Just say you don't like the style of the graphics or something, Jeez.
I think I'm going to give the game a shot and judge for myself though! lol.
The anime style has been growing on me from other games I've played...

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny