Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 8:08AM Seffrid said

I'd like to see EQ2's player housing system in any other MMO, but especially in place of the pathetic housing system in LoTRO.

It's many years since I dabbled with AC, but one feature from that game that I'd like to see in other MMOs is the frequent caves and dungeons that you could just stumble across at any time. They would fit well with the open world of Vanguard, or even EQ2, where there is a theory on the part of the developers that such places should be few in number and group-only in content.

Which takes me on to my final desired pairing - the outdoor world of MMOs such as the ones I've already mentioned with the extensive dungeon content of DDO.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 8:55AM Meagen said

I'd like to have Fallen Earth's XP for crafting and gathering in LotRO.

And I'd like to have CoH's consignment system in all other games. I can actually put in a bid for something that nobody is currently selling, or at a lower price than what people are selling for, and have it sit there until someone decides to sell that item at that price!

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 9:00AM elocke said

I'm actually a huge fan of the collection system in EQ2, also the AA system. It just gives the game that much more meaning when you are doing stuff.

The one other thing I would combine with any game would be what you already mentioned, FFXI's all jobs/one character. Now that I think about it, that would make Warhammer possibly a much better game than it is now. But it is so much nicer to just make one character and just be any type of role on any given day to suit my mood.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 9:42AM (Unverified) said

CoX's global chat handle system in regards to friends and ignored players should be in *every* MMOG. By friending or ignoring someone's global chat handle you can see if *any* of their characters (from that same account) are logged in so you do not have to /friend every character and automatically know if they log into a new one. Adding a global chat handle as a friend requires permission from the other player so it cannot be easily used for stalking. Global ignore is just as a good and does not require permission. You ignore the *account* (player) not just the character.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 9:49AM Wisdomandlore said

I know a lot of people who actually dislike global chat channels. Sometimes people want to get away from friends or guildies and just play without being bothered, and sometimes people who have misbehaved want a fresh start.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 1:34PM eyeball2452 said

Totally agree. The global handle would be nice.

I'd also like to see COX's quest system/LFG system in other MMOs. I always felt like grouping in CoX was fun and easy to do relative to every other MMO out there.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 9:52AM Joshua Przygocki said

Aion's chain skills into... anything.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 10:00AM (Unverified) said

Combine more in-game features with mobile technology. I want to be able to check auctions, communicate with guild members, (and do all of the boring management, inventory and planning stuff that takes hours to do before and after I'm actually spending time having fun in the game)... I'd prefer to do that OUTSIDE the game when I've got breaks going from here to there or at work or whatever. If I can't afford to spend 5 straight hours in-game, give me 3 in-game, and let me do the management crap remotely at various times throughout the rest of my day. And NO... that doesn't mean I want to quest from work. I'm tired of hearing people say they want that. That's playing the game, and that I would prefer to do in-game.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 10:38AM Faryon said

I want SWG remade by a better developer with all the features it had pre-CU.. the skill chains from Aion could be an interesting addition if implemented correctly.. would also be cool if the moved the timeline of the game to be within the star wars legacy era.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 11:47AM (Unverified) said

Maybe not the crux of this post but Runes of Magic's "aggregator" which basically let's you take any item in-game and change how it looks with keeping it's original stats.

I absolutely love it. I can't believe all MMORPGs aren't using a similar method/system.

Now, even if your level cap and have the best gear, you can look totally different than the high level player beside you, even if you all have the same stats. You can choose which armor pieces you like the best, mix and match, and change the color.

It's a terrific "combo".

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 12:05PM Wisdomandlore said

Aion has a similar system. LOTRO has the outfit system, which lets you create two cosmetic outfits and equip them at any time.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 5:06PM (Unverified) said

Awesome, yeah Runes of Magic also offer specials and sell cosmetic outfits on top of the in-game mixing you can do.

I really want to try LoTRO, The new Siege of Mirkwood looks great. Ahh, so many to try and so little time:)

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 8:13PM shocktheshammy said

This only sorta fits into this catagory...but I want to see a game that will allow me to drag UI windows to a 2nd monitor if I have dual monitor support so I can have a clean game screen.

More on point,,the study system from alganon that allows study to continue while not playing would be awesome in wow.

A wow - like LFG in LOTRO would be nice.

Posted: Nov 23rd 2009 9:27AM (Unverified) said

Have you tried the Study System in Alganon? Not only do you have to spend time learning just the basic parts, then you have to hit a certain level, go to a major city , spend gold on skills just to get certain parts of the study system. Then for Rank 1 of certain skills it will take 1day just to learn them, even the easier skills take forever. I have a skill that will take 6 days to raise 1pt for like .1% damage increase. The system is simply awful and makes no sense in a level cap game to begin with. Now, AA from EQ1 makes far more sense because you are able to do exactly the same thing as the Study System.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 1:05PM Sam not Spam said

Tabula Rasa with any normal FPS - single player and online multiplayer.

City of Heroes' engine couple with maybe a fun, but appropriate license. The engine is good, fun and easy to learn.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 2:11PM Its Utakata stupid said

I like to see CoX (City of Heroe's/Villains) with...

1) WoW's gear mechanics, where they don't *degrade when you level,

2) ...mail boxes where you tranfer Insperation and goods to your alts,

3) ...and actual end game content to keep me busy and engaged.

4) Graphics engine of Aion.

5) Energy generating system like CO...

6) ...but without Bill Roper's real money grubbing tactics to spoil the game.

I might just leave WoW for something like that.

*Note: I know, you can make items that don't. But they cost earth and your genitals to make. And you need to replace them with better stuff in the end to keep up with the pace. :(

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 3:26PM (Unverified) said

The turn based combat engine like in dofus and arena system like in WoW.
Turn based combat raises the skill cap and arena system is just plain fun :).

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 4:46PM Randomessa said

Fallen Earth's everything ported to a fantasy setting.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 5:39PM Stormwaltz said

CoX has a lot of good ideas that have failed to spread to other MMGs.

First, there's CoX's use of the z-axis (combat with and between flyers). How many games simply forbid combat between flying mobs/players and players/mobs on the ground?

Then there's CoX's movement powers. As you leveled, getting around became far faster. Better, it became more entertaining and dependent on player skill. In WoW you hitch a ride on a flying mount. In LotRO, you essentially teleport across the world. In CoX you jumped from rooftop to rooftop, or performed a series of short-range teleports from point to point. Players spend most of their time moving around in MMGs. That so many of them fail to make this basic function fun and engaging is disheartening.

CoX's Power Pool concept needs to be used more widely. That is, there are core classes with core powers, and then a variety of modular power sets you can choose between at certain levels. I think it's a happy medium between the balance-ability class-based character systems and the flexibility of skill-based character systems.

So I know what you're thinking; if I like CoX so much, why don't I just play it instead of nattering on about grafting its features on to other games? Well, I did play it for two years. Inevitably, I got bored -- because CoX is nothing but movement and combat. There is no Elders' Game, and the craft system is of dubious value. If someone combined CoX's combat and movement with SWG's Elders' Game mechanics (or, if you prefer, Jumpgate's combat with EVE's Elders' Game), I could play that forever.

I maintain that SWG had the best Elders' Game of any MMG ever released. Unfortunately, the moment-to-moment play was drop-dead boring.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2009 5:42PM J Brad Hicks said

You said, "Some things don't go well together. Like peanut butter and soap, or open PvP in a neutral quest hub, or melee attacks for a spellcaster." Funny you should say that, though, because City of Heroes' blasters and Warhammer Online's magi and engineers are spellcasters with melee attacks, and darned powerful ones at that.

And it's on topic for me to bring them up, because I would dearly love it if CoH copied WAR's open groups; now that they have SSK, it'd be a natural fit if team leaders had the option to let just anybody join. I also wish that at least one of CoH's PvP zones had a feature like the keep sieges from WAR, where you get at least some benefit from attacking and defending even if nobody dies, a brilliant design. Oh, and CoH's mail system could seriously benefit from WAR's "attachments" feature.

The only features that I'd copy back the other way would be to replace WAR's goofy, time consuming crafting system with one much more like CoH's and to replace WAR's Biblically awful auction house with CoH's consignment house.