Posted: Nov 16th 2009 11:17AM vicryixiv said

dodged a few of those questions like a boss!

Good update though. As much as i'd love to saucer separate a galaxy class, at best you'd have very limited control over it either half.

Posted: Nov 19th 2009 11:41AM (Unverified) said

Dodged a few? Most were replied to with political skill.

Quote "and the Prometheus broke apart to better shield crew – it didn't really provide much tactical superiority"

What universe do you live in that 3 seperate targets firing on you don't have a tactical advantage over one?

Posted: Nov 16th 2009 12:00PM (Unverified) said

Those were some nice answers. Some nice info there that I had not seen elsewhere. Thanks!

Posted: Nov 16th 2009 4:13PM Pingles said

For some reason I am more excited about the out-of-ship portion of the game rather than ship-based play.

I look forward to finding the bar on a few space stations.

Posted: Nov 16th 2009 6:45PM Lionhearted said

Cool. Nice answers -- especially to the one I asked ;)

I'm a little disappointed Excelsior won't be in the game as, for some strange reason, I've loved it ever since I went to see Generations in the theaters when I was a kid. However, it's perfectly reasonable that they can't put in every class, whilst putting in new classes too (something players would want, I'm sure, and expected given the year the game is set in). I hope it's added later on.

I am certainly pleased in their answer on the Constitution Class (and probably others, like the Miranda). I could certainly see Starfleet deciding it needed more, smaller ships to manage all its duties, that could be led with small crews on the cheap -- and then looking at previous classes that fit the bill, updating those.

In any event, I can't wait for the game to come out. It's been a while since I've actively subscribed to an MMO.... I think this will be the one to bring back into the fold.

Posted: Nov 17th 2009 6:04AM Jesspiper said

What class is that in the picture?

Posted: Nov 18th 2009 10:02AM (Unverified) said

Cool. I got an answer to my question. :-)

Posted: Nov 18th 2009 10:02AM (Unverified) said

Cool. It's good to know I can keep a ship I like the look of and I won't be penalized too much.

Posted: Nov 21st 2009 2:10PM (Unverified) said

Does anyone know if youll be able to interact with other people on a more personal level besides blowing each other up.Starship captains always do seem to get the ladies or men in the ladies cases.

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM