Posted: Nov 13th 2009 4:19PM AlluvianEstEndrati said

How I love seeing statistics like these. Likely the forced population balancing mechanisms were for the best, else I think we would see numbers here that were very disparate across the realms. No surprise that Assassins were the top AP earners in that little graph.

What I would really like to see is the class breakdown by realm. I think it is likely that each realm favors certain classes above the others and the breakdown (certainly at the higher levels) will eventually show this off quite well I think.

Posted: Nov 13th 2009 4:43PM Mr Angry said

If you check out the website, the class distribution is fairly stable between servers, maybe a few percent here and there.

Posted: Nov 13th 2009 7:04PM Suspiro said

check My Aion here for all server stats

Posted: Nov 13th 2009 5:06PM phairoh said

I'd just like to point out that the reason there there seem to be so many more gladiators than all other classes is because virtually all bots and gold farmers play gladiators.

Posted: Nov 13th 2009 5:49PM (Unverified) said

51:49 faction ratio would be the envy of every other two-faction game, surely?

Posted: Nov 13th 2009 6:04PM Laren said

The 50/50 asmo/elyos split suggests to me that the stats are for all characters ever created, and not just active players. Seems like it would be very hard to maintain those ratios as people come and go. They were very strict in the beginning as to where people created characters. With those million characters created evenly, the ratios are now easier to maintain. All just conjecture though...

Posted: Nov 13th 2009 8:00PM (Unverified) said

I find is shocking that barely anyone is in the mid 20-30 range. I got up to mid twenties in a couple weeks right after launch then quit because the super long grind ahead.

What I take from these numbers is that a lot of people were like me, and quite in their mid-20's because it started becoming a drag. Cause honestly, there should be more 20-40's by now.

Posted: Nov 14th 2009 10:17AM (Unverified) said

i quit when my two toons were in their upper 20s because i ran out of all of the quests and i hated doing the repeatable quests and TG. really, after hitting the upper 20s, i just got bored of the game. aion is a gorgeous game, but playing it can be dull.

to improve the game, ncsoft should:
1) allow instanced pvp before 25. as it is, you don't get to pvp at all before 25 (except rifting)
2) make the level grind less painful, and
3) make the crafting grind less boring. and it's incredibly boring.

most likely, given how slow they are to respond to anything, the servers will only have the annoying bots left by the time ncsoft addresses these concerns.

Posted: Nov 14th 2009 1:10PM Atnor said

Aye, my wife and I played up until low 20s, and then ran out of quests to do, and had pretty much gotten over the "having to just straight up grind out mobs" to finish a 1/2 level or so. It got so every single level was like that. It got old quick.

I think the stats listed bear that out, and will continue like that.

It also sucked because I always got the feeling that we were making it "extra" hard on ourselves because we were trying to duo together.

We just stopped logging in and eventually cancelled. A grind is one thing, but the world itself, plus what we understood to be the higher level game, werent enticing and interesting enough to warrant grinding stuff out.

Agree with others, boring world, grind put me off. And even if they fix it, I dont care enough anymore to ever want to go back. They had their shot at my wallet, oh well :)

Posted: Nov 13th 2009 9:12PM wjowski said

I'll bet the bot->real player ratio is alot more skewed.

Posted: Nov 13th 2009 10:06PM (Unverified) said

In regards to SMs being the lowest AP earner on the Asmo side I would like to point out that this is, along with the unpopularity of the class, is due to the fact that pets do not fly in the Abyss.

Pets have to be re-summoned at each landing and when fighting in PVP you don't have the time to do so. This deprives SMs of a goodly portion of their DPS in some cases.

Another aspect that makes SMs so unpopular is that the pet AI is goofy and the threat mechanics not very clear. I don't understand why the tanking pet (Earth) has a lower taunt ability than the balanced DPS (Fire) pet? Just plain goofy and not very well explained.

Posted: Nov 14th 2009 2:39PM (Unverified) said

How is it to play Aion for an European, since all the servers are located in US?

Posted: Nov 15th 2009 12:18AM Paladuck said

If you only played till the low 20s I think you're missing out. At 25 you get to enter the abyss and do pvp and also you get your first instance. 23-25 is a terrible, boring grind but I think it gets a bit better after that.

Also bots are usually gladiators. I don't know if that's enough to cause a 3% population shift but who knows.

Posted: Nov 15th 2009 3:39PM Chriskovo said

Once you get to 25 its just a gankfest anyway. There is usually no assaults going on because everything is timed and then when u explore you are just ganked every where u go by 3 mobs or more. Sorry that is not fun pvp for me. I really wish warhammer didnt tank it had some interesting ideas.

Posted: Nov 15th 2009 12:25AM lazymangaka said

It's amazing so many people would want to play characters with back hair mohawks.

Posted: Nov 17th 2009 4:09PM Crestfallen said

Lots of info, but does anyone care?
The vast majority of the population is being played by scripts anyway.

Posted: Nov 17th 2009 7:33PM (Unverified) said

Don't forget that the Trade Broker has a limit of only 10 items PER character. Many people, myself included, have a few L10 alts just for posting items on the TB.

SM's do have a disadvantage in the Abyss. Patch 1.6 is suppose to introduce the ability for pets to fly (I assume if the SM glides the pet will also). This may turn the Abyss Points per class in favor of the SM.