Posted: Nov 11th 2009 7:57PM (Unverified) said

I'd say keep saving up to buy Gianthold if you have the points.. There is enough free content to get you to level 11 or so and by then you'll be ready for it.

Posted: Nov 11th 2009 8:54PM (Unverified) said

pink hair autowin

Posted: Nov 12th 2009 3:00AM (Unverified) said

I'd say probably Vault Of Night ( 5 quests and raid ).
However better run starting from level 7.
Also around this level ( 7 ) we can do free raid Tempest Spine - IMHO one of the best raid in the game.

Stormsnow.

Posted: Nov 12th 2009 3:01AM (Unverified) said

I'd say probably Vault Of Night ( 5 quests and raid ).
However better run starting from level 7.
Also around this level ( 7 ) we can do free raid Tempest Spine - IMHO
one of the best raid in the game.

Stormsnow.

Posted: Nov 12th 2009 4:39AM (Unverified) said

Interesting to point out that there is already a bit of P2P in your adventure above, namely:

Come out and Slay, Lordsmarch Bank, and Bookbinder Rescue.

Not a big deal, and I see you got around 'spending' by using guest past invites from a generous patron, but those are not typically available in the current free model.

Still, good write-ups, and glad you are enjoying your time in the game. I admit to be enjoying myself as well, although purely in free mode at the moment. It has been a good break from some of the current pay titles, and has a surprisingly fresh community considering the reputation f2p games typically receive.

Keep up the good work, and if possible, continue the last run of the review in pauper mode, saving DDO points for sigils that do not drop, a guild herald (that costs DDO points for non-VIP folks), and a beefy expansion like Gianthold -- like the rest of us =)

Posted: Nov 12th 2009 6:03AM (Unverified) said

Hey Shawn, not sure if you are aware or not, but the "next play session" guild messege has a nice question mark. Not sure if you put that there or not, but any idea when the next play session is? :)

Posted: Nov 12th 2009 11:14AM HadesLotD said

I picked up DDO about a week ago, and I have to say it is a much better game than I thought. I even lured a few guildmates with me who weren't playing anything else, and we are all enjoying the game.

I think DDO going F2P and then surviving off microtransactions with an optional subscription model was probably the best thing they ever did.