Posted: Nov 10th 2009 8:02PM (Unverified) said

Why the '(paying)' comment on the ban of RMT people? Sure, gold farmers are paying customers. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be banned.

Posted: Nov 10th 2009 8:16PM (Unverified) said

I mentioned "paying" to clarify that the figure of 18,000 banned accounts does not include the free trial accounts banned as well.

Posted: Nov 10th 2009 9:20PM (Unverified) said

Ah my bad then, I just assumed some sort of malice - which is more and more common online :P

Posted: Nov 11th 2009 12:48AM Benicio said

Hopefully the changes in the next patch will entice people away from the Hulk and into more fun aspects of the game.

Posted: Nov 11th 2009 1:27AM (Unverified) said

I'm a hulk player. Works well with my graduate work and strangely addictive.

Plus, I will not return to combat until they fix high sec warfare and station games - it's the worst form of PvP that has such an easy fix. It should be a priority with CCP because new players don't go straight to 0.0 pvp. They join corporations that are constantly griefed by players who understand how to exploit stations.
It's not PvP, it's not fun, and it's an easy fix...when EVE addresses it, then I'll go back to the more "fun" aspects of the game.

Posted: Nov 11th 2009 2:52AM Yoh said

• 1 heart
mpdivo, by fun, do you mean mining?

Are you fucking serious? I think cutting myself sounds like more fun to me.
At least that's engaging.
One word - Catatonic.

However, building stuff and market manipulation can be quite fun thou, but it's not for everyone.

However I do agree with your rough assessment or hisec PvP, it is a bag of cunt half the time.

~Yoh

Posted: Nov 11th 2009 4:37AM (Unverified) said

Hey guys, take something into consideration: the Hulk is undeniably the best mining vessel in the game, so obviously, every miner will strive to fly it, hence why there are so many of them. However, it won't be the case that every PvPer will want to fly one particular battleship because it's 'the best.' Just thought I'd throw that out there.

But really, let's not get into the whole, "I play the game more funner than you," argument, please. Null sec can be ignorantly summarised as, "You hear name lock target and push F1 lawl," just like industrial aspects of the game can be mentioned as, "Mining is stupidly boring omg my soul."

But hey, anyone else wish CCP could focus a bit more on T3 in their next QEN? I don't know if it's just because the market is a newer one, but I'd really like to see more information on it.

Posted: Nov 11th 2009 5:51AM Psychotic Storm said

I agree with that, just because an aspect of the game does not appeal to you it doesn't mean it is unappealing to everybody else.

Posted: Nov 11th 2009 5:58AM GaaaaaH said

0.0 is significantly more complex than that, depending on your role.

For example, tacklers need to activate point THEN F1

Posted: Nov 11th 2009 10:06AM (Unverified) said

As an econ student, I really wish we could get more data from CCP...seriously, EVE could be one hell of a huge economics experiment if you had the right data.

Posted: Nov 11th 2009 1:21PM (Unverified) said

CCP seems like the type of company and you are an economics student doing a research paper - if approached right, I'm pretty sure they would release some of the data to you. Especially in light of the fact that they have a paid person specifically to deal with the economics of the game.

They would probably invite you to the studios as well. Flights to Iceland during the winter are incredibly cheap.

Posted: Nov 11th 2009 10:10AM ed anger said

i'd agree with both statements ;)

Posted: Nov 11th 2009 11:33AM (Unverified) said

idk why there are so many orcas YOU ONLY NEED ONE IN YOUR FLEET.

i think its hilarious when noobs make a fleet of 1x hauler 1x hulk and 1xorca and the person in the orca thinks he's actually helping alot but he's not he's only boosting mining output by 30% if he was in a 2nd hulk he would be boosting mining output by 100%

you need at least 3 mining ships to where the bonuses actually boost enough to be greater then a 4th individual in a mining ship no matter how i try to explain this to noobs they never get it they just like "no way orca is teh leetzors"

Massively's MMO guide to the 2014 winter holidays