Posted: Nov 9th 2009 3:54PM jpkustra said

I would like to try this game again but everything I see about it since launch is catering to high levels. My toons are in the mid to late 20's and there was a serious lack of content out of Tortage. To top it off, I don't think there's a whole lot of community at the lower levels that I'm at. Does anyone see any improvements in the areas post Tortage?

Posted: Nov 9th 2009 6:41PM (Unverified) said

@xslipperyx

There is the same low level content as there was at release, for the most part. I am curious how you could run out. There are 3 zones stemming from each of the 3 cities with more than enough content to level quickly.

It really is a fun game, especially on the PvP servers. It's free to look again. So, give it a try. They have really polished that game very well.

Posted: Nov 9th 2009 4:48PM Jesenko said

i'm also interested to find out how crowded are the beginning zones these days

Posted: Nov 9th 2009 5:50PM Valentina said

On Wiccanna these days there are alot of people in all zones, and they have filled in a lot of the content gaps.

Posted: Nov 9th 2009 6:36PM Anticrawl said

Since I know my question won't be considered I won't email it but here it goes, "Why Funcom does your game suck so badly but yet it is so drop dead gorgeous? Why did you have to entice me with the blood and beauty only to dash all my hopes and dreams with your mediocre core gameplay and content? Why do you hate me Funcom? Why haven’t you made this game free-to-play yet? Why?"

Posted: Nov 9th 2009 11:01PM (Unverified) said

@Anticrawl:

Your question won't be considered at it's pointless trolling.

AoC does NOT suck.
Gameplay IS ace, viseral and triple AAA+++
They hate you because you appear to be living under a bridge.
AoC will not go free to play (that honour is likely going to WAR).

@Everyone else:

AoC has been bug fixed 100%. Content patches come regurlarly with an expansion in the new year. AoC truely is a great blast to play as of now and with a free trial, you got nothing to loose.

See you in Hyboria. :)

Posted: Nov 9th 2009 11:15PM Anticrawl said

I had the collector's edition for AoC and yes sir it does indeed suck. It didn't help that the seige PvP wasn't included at launch either, that certainly pissed me off.

Posted: Nov 9th 2009 11:34PM jpkustra said

I haven't been able to find any offers to come back other than starting a new account. Any chance there's a way to check it out with my existing characters other than resubscribing? I never had any problems with the game when I first played it so the bugs that were fixed aren't a concern.

Posted: Nov 10th 2009 1:43AM Faryon said

I can agree that AoC does not suck completely, but it's not the über-MMO you describe either.. Some flaws last time I played it:

Very boring/grindy quests after Tortage - Lets face it; these quests could have been done better with a few more months in development.
Leveling to 80 is boring
Still some bugs, though it's impossible to make a MMO 100% bug free.
Going from one of the outer zones back to one of the capitals is way too time consuming.. they could have at least added a taxi system that takes you from one end of the zone to another at epic mount speed.

Posted: Nov 10th 2009 1:25AM (Unverified) said

@Anticrawl
Is your AoC US account? If you don't want it anymore, I'll be gladly to receive it if you're willing to give it to me as a present for this Holiday season. ^_^ Life's hard here in SEA so its no joke to buy games easily.

Heres my email: konz3n13413y@yahoo.com.

Posted: Nov 10th 2009 7:01AM spamero said

@Bluefunk

Dude wtf are you smoking... first all there is no software 100% free of bugs.. sencod.. just read the damn aoc forums.. you will see how many bugs there are.

- siedges still broken: check
- murder system still broken: check
- feats not working: check
- many more

seriously.. almost 2 years after the release and they cant get their shit together

failcom

Posted: Nov 10th 2009 11:53AM (Unverified) said

@spamero

FOFF dude. Ok if you want to be anal about it then yes no game is 100% free of bugs - it was a figure of speech*. There are less bugs now in AoC than nearly all other MMO's.

*it's like me saying you're 100% stoo-pid. I'm sure there is about 1% of brain power somewhere, although....

...apparently you can't count as 16 months after release (there are 12 in a year in case you didn't know) the game is very much together and in great shape.

AoC ROCKS!!! If anyone wants to there is a free trail available to try.