Posted: Nov 7th 2009 5:30PM elocke said

rofl, this article gave me a thought. Recently I've seen people saying Dragon age would make a great MMO.

What about FFXI becoming a /GASP, Single Player Game. You heard me. Like the Final Fantasies before it, instead of waiting on people to group, make an AI party system so I can actually see all the great content this game has without spending years getting my level up to do it.

Anyway...that's MY dream, and I'm sticking to it!

Posted: Nov 7th 2009 6:05PM postpwn said

If FFXI was offline and single player (perhaps with bots for your party), then it would most definitely be my favorite FFXI game. I love the aesthetic, the story and the battle system more than any other FF game.

Posted: Nov 7th 2009 6:06PM postpwn said

Oops, I meant "favorite FF game"

Posted: Nov 7th 2009 8:45PM elocke said

Oh, good, I'm not the only one. Yep, this game if I could see 3/4 of it instead of 1/4 of it, would be my favorite FF of all time. Oh well.

Posted: Nov 7th 2009 10:20PM Dblade said

The chocobo racing was dead when I played it, I don't see why they are updating it over other things. In the Belly I tried, but the low percentages and junk items simply didn't make it worthwhile. You catch a fish and trade it to an npc. You get a tiny amount of gil, and a low (under 5% or even less) chance of getting an item. Most were worthless, but the ones that aren't were pop items for a level 20 fight in which you had another low percentage chance to get a decent item. I caught about a hundred fish trying for the latter, didn't get a single pop item to even try for the fight, and gave up in disgust. Never mind that it took me months to get fishing up to be able to catch the fish needed anyways.

As for a single player FFXI, go play FF 12, or .hack://G.U.

Posted: Nov 7th 2009 10:23PM Dblade said

...ok, a preview function would be nice. the .hack is the actual name of the game, it's not a link. Although it seems to render as one.

Posted: Nov 8th 2009 1:52PM (Unverified) said

When I quite a few years ago, I was spending most of my time running around with my NPC buddy. I was able to do quite a bit more having this character follow me around and level up in odd ways. I also got a strange sense of companionship from it. Like a pet. A pet human. -_-. If SE would expand that function of the game, I could see tackling alot of XI in a XII kind of way.

MMO Week in Review: QueueAge