Posted: Nov 6th 2009 11:56AM (Unverified) said

I am playing none of these. I was excited for FE, but the interface is just too clumsy for me. DDO had some really clunky animations, so i erased that to make space for some of the single player games that have been released. I'm sure some of you know how I feel about Champions. :)

Right now it's Dragon Age, followed by Borderlands. As for MMO's, the next one on the list will likely be APB, as the character generators are insane and there's allegedly no monthly subscription fee.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 12:06PM Cinnamoon said

Nope -- gotten burned on too many sub-standard "new" games in the last couple of years, there's very few MMOs I'll buy early anymore. Instead I've found my way back to oldies-but-goodies stuffed with years of content and polish -- and having a much better time too.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 12:23PM TrendyGuy said

I have been playing Fallen Earth for about 3 weeks now. It is a great game to pick up and play even if you are only going to play for 30 minutes, which is why I like it. I don't have to schedule 3 hours of play time just to accomplish something in game.

This isn't the last MMO I will ever play but I am way more fun than any other MMO I have tried recently. I don't know how the game will turn out in the future though, the game economy really scares me. So far I don't see a need to purchase things from other player or the auction house. I don't know how this will play out later in the game though.

I really wish they could lower the subscription or offer a lifetime because I think this game is something I would like to play on the side of another MMO. When something better comes out I will probably cancel unless they do something with their pricing.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 2:48PM shocktheshammy said

Im kind of a late bloomer I like to buy my MMO's after a patch or so when i can get them cheap on amazon (Aion $18 Champions $21)

Leaving aion,,,,love the game hate the ":"rubberband" graphics

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 12:54PM cyanpill said

Still playing DDO... earning enough points to unlock higher adventures in a nice meta-game. If you leveled a character on each server, you can earn about as much TP as you spend unlocking new adventure content.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 1:18PM (Unverified) said

Heck no. Another mmo failure in 2009. Waiting for much better mmos such as Torchlight,FFXIV, Guild Wars 2 and The Old Republic.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 2:03PM Nadril said

I'm not. I was going to give Aion more of a chance once I hit 50 but all of my friends/guildmates quit and quite honestly the game gets really boring at 45+.

It is funny how little NCSoft cares though about the bots, they really don't ban them at all -- even when it is ungodly obvious. I know plenty of people who have 24/7 botted to 50 and even after multiple reports to them they have not gotten banned.

Oh well, the bots were really the least of the issues with the high-end game in Aion.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 2:30PM DFuzzy1 said

Started with D&D Online, then switched to Fallen Earth, and now I'm currently playing Torchlight/Borderlands. Darn non-MMOs distracting me!

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 2:36PM (Unverified) said

I liked Aion but in the end, let it go. At times it was cool, but I think there's simply not enough instanced stuff. Between bots and gold sellers, it just didn't feel right.

I'm still waiting for 40k a MMO....

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 3:17PM (Unverified) said

Tried DDO, but it seemed like I couldn't turn a corner without running into something I'd need to pay for. I was in the Champions beta, but it basically felt like 'CoH 2--now with fewer classes, simpler gameplay, and less content!' So, back to City of Heroes for me.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 3:53PM (Unverified) said

I've been playing DDO off-and-on (mostly off, sadly), but me and my friends still have CO subscriptions going. That may change with classes coming up next week, but I might have enough time to squeeze in some hero-ing here and there.

I find having some F2P options available really helps me when I need just a quick fix, and can't commit to anything serious. I miss raiding in WoW, but I don't miss the hours spent repeating content like that.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 6:54PM (Unverified) said

Just started playing CO a week ago and very much enjoying it. It feels really laid back, I don't take it seriously at all (not that I take games too seriously in general, but I think you know what I mean..), it's just flat out fun.

Just started DDO a month and and enjoying it.

Played Aion beta and hated it. Just another asian grinder; NO THANK YOU, I'll pass.

Tried Fallen Earth free weekend. Wasn't my cup of tea, but I can see how other people can enjoy. Though i'm not calling it an awful MMO like Aion is.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 7:12PM mysecretid said

I'm still playing, and enjoying, Champions Online.

It's had its problems, but Cryptic has been patching regularly and often since launch, so it's fine with me.

Bottom line? I find CO fun, and easy to play on a moment's notice, and I enjoy the superhero genre, so I keep it.

In the end, fun trumps everything for me.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 7:24PM Xii said

Still playing CO and Aion, but a lot more CO.

They've improved things (especially the map) a great deal, but I think a lot of people are still lost when it comes to the question of where to go and what powers to take. The "what to do" can be solved somewhat by use of the crime computer (which I bet 80% of players don't use), but the powers are a bit more tricky.

I'm only level 28, but so far, I haven't had a problem with content at all. My journal is always full, and I end up turning stuff down/dropping it if I out-level it. CO doesn't have the quest hub A -> quest hub B -> quest hub C -> and so on questing that games like LOTRO, WAR, or WoW have, and I think that makes things unclear for a lot of people.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 9:26PM (Unverified) said

Still playing Aion, I don't have the crash problem and everything is going fine, the bots are a pain, but I can live with that, I've seen worst.

Tried FE, but didn't really like the interface so dropped it for now, might go back some day.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 11:06PM (Unverified) said

I've stopped playing Aion and Fallen Earth because of the PS3 price drop. I traded in four games and got the new slim system for $199, and it came with the guitar hero 3 wireless guitar bundle. I spent the next little while picking up rock band, the ac/dc track pack, uncharted 1 and 2, killzone 2, and today: MGS4. On top of that the new monkey island showed up a few days ago and I haven't even begun that yet. Overall I'm just catching up with the PS3 now that it's so cheap, and I really love it, which is great since my computer isn't very good to begin with and I don't really want to upgrade it.

Posted: Nov 7th 2009 8:51AM (Unverified) said

I am still playing Champions Online. Primarily because the Nemesis system is too cool. But if you take a brief look at the following link, you would wonder why I keep playing it...

Posted: Nov 7th 2009 4:32PM (Unverified) said

Champions-Online, combat is a blast so gonna keep making alts till they get some endgame in. Also have Dragon Age for when I get bored.

Posted: Nov 9th 2009 3:34PM (Unverified) said

I've played Champions Online and Aion and stopped playing both of them after the first month.

Champions Online seemed to have problems with quests running low when I hit the late 20s/ early 30s. I was forced to do quests that were substantially above my level. The cost of retcons was also ridiculous. There was no room for error when purchasing powers. Unfortunately, I purchased the 6 month subscription in order to get into the closed beta for Star Trek Online. Fellow 6 month and lifetime subscribers know the fiasco with that.

Aion is a completely different story. The first 20 levels in that game were amazing. Everyone already knows about the graphics, but the gameplay and quests were equally as good. Beyond 20 is nothing but grinding and botting. The lack of in-game support for a game that large blows my mind. Is NCsoft even able to post in their own forums yet?

I did the 10 day trial for Fallen Earth and really enjoyed it, but I don't think my current machine is up to snuff when running around in larger towns.

I haven't gone back to WoW. I actually decided to give Lord of the Rings Online a go and have really enjoyed myself thus far. I believe I found something to play in a 2.5 year old game until SWTOR is released.

Posted: Jan 31st 2010 12:59PM (Unverified) said

Within a few days of paying for my second month of Champions Online, I dreaded the thought of actually logging in to play. Content is lacking, teaming is irrelevant, crafting is boring, technical issues abound, microtransactions are insipid and melee characters are not fun to play.

My experience was so bad that I have not played an MMO since, and although I was excited at the prospect of a Star Trek MMO, the knowledge that the same company developed it has completely negated my interest in purchasing the game.

MMO Week in Review: QueueAge