Posted: Nov 6th 2009 8:59AM JaySpeed said

No MMO is ever truely ready for launch but some games definately needed more time in the oven. You really only get one chance at a first impression. People play for the free month to see how the game is and decide if they will subscribe or cancel. Games like Vanguard, AoC, and WAR should have taught the industry a lesson. If you launch a buggy MMO that is light on content you will struggle to maintain subscribers.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 9:19AM Thac0 said

I'm happy to hear that it coming out early, but I wont be sold on trying the game out until they present me with what they have in the game besides a lot of boring ass Pew Pew.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 11:08AM Innocentte said

After what Cryptic did with CO at launch, there is no way I am going to give them a dime until the game is proven.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 12:43PM Seare said

I enjoy CO. It had some hiccups at launch as all MMOs do. It's still fun. Lower your expectations.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 12:41PM Seare said

MMO players are some of the most cynical and overly critical people I've ever seen. I'm playing 1 MMO now and I've been following the development of this MMO and TOR. When I read comments on any of them, there are an overwhelming amount of negative comments. Some of them are legit, but most of them are totally closed minded, self centered, and baseless. I think the problem is that a lot of MMO players have unrealistic expectations. To all the negative players out there, lower your expectations and maybe you'll be a little happier. I was around when PONG was invented....I mean come on.

Posted: Nov 6th 2009 1:18PM (Unverified) said

Seare, I do agree, I'm old too but Atari 2600 time so post-Pong.

There seems an extraordinary amount of cynicism about any new MMO launch STO is no exception. Maybe it's getting a little more than the norm. There are several reasons for it:

- Past experience: Nothing human is perfect and STO will be no exception but we've all been burned before. No one seems to remember WoW's launch (Hours of waiting in the log-in queue, in complete content, buggy quests, etc) So not even the sacred WOW was immune to this.

- Short Beta: This has me worried and is, I believe, where the extra cynicism is coming from. Especially from some who purchased the CO Sub more for the STO Beta than for CO and who assumed (incorrectly) they'd get into Beta first.

- "missing" features: Some people wanted things that STO simply isn't going to have or may be added later. Player crew and ship interiors being the top two I read about.

Personally, if the game is playable where the bugs are minor enough to enjoy the game I'll be happy. Sure there are things missing I'd like to see: More Klingon ships & playable from start, Captian's "Ready Room", etc.

Posted: Nov 7th 2009 12:05PM Halldorr said

Damn NDAs...I just hope Cryptic listens more to the testers this time around than they did for the closed beta testers for CO...