Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 3:52PM LaughingTarget said

Every time I see The Doctor from Voyager, my first thought is always, "When did Dr. Who and Star Trek do a crossover?"

Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 5:27PM (Unverified) said

Ok, I'm gonna don my Trekkie hat here.

Leonard McCoy lived at least 137 years, though he was shown to be barely able to walk by the time he was shown alive on The Next Generation, he is listed as retired without a firm date of his death.

Picard would be just over 100 at 2409, and he's lived with much better medical tech than McCoy has had. I would put money on him being alive, and if Cryptic sets him as dead, then that's an oversight with them forgetting humans in Star Trek reach 100 all the time and still live active lives.

Posted: Nov 4th 2009 12:11AM (Unverified) said

The thing with Sci Fi originating in the 1970's was the fact that they were not bordering on technology to expand human life. I think its safe to say that by 2409 human lifespan would have been extended considerably expecially when you consider that most 20 year olds of today will live to over 100. One would think that Picard would be alive and would be fairly healthy for an old man probably as healthy as a 60 or 70 year old man of today. Regardless, this is going to be one of the better mmo's and i really can't wait to get my hands on it.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 10:24PM Ayenn said

It is nice to see the potential return of Data via B-4 reactivation. I was saddened by Data's death in Nemesis.

I agree with Picard needing to be alive. it also makes a lot of sence for him and 7 to team up to deal with the increasing Borg threat. I have to wonder about her potential for longevity. Would it be increased, decreased or be of average span?

Obviously The Doctor (Joe?) won the suit, as it should be.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 11:17PM Lionhearted said

Romulus did blow 'the f up' in the original time line. The new time line begins when Nero and Spock go back in time... Romulus still blew up.

Posted: Nov 4th 2009 6:42AM MrGutts said

I just want to play a Romulan damn it!

Posted: Nov 4th 2009 11:09AM (Unverified) said

The Bajorans are starting shit again, huh? And after they do, they apply for admission? Bajorans are crazy. Sisko needs to come back and settle things down.

Picard might be dead, you know - dead dead, not old age dead. From the Borg the Federation sent him against. He doesn't have his crack crew with him anymore.

Posted: Nov 5th 2009 4:32PM (Unverified) said

It was the writer of this article that assumed he was dead, as far as I know. Of course he can die of unnatural causes, I was not debating such. The assumption of the author was that he was surely dead since he would obviously be over 100 years old. Flawed thinking since the very first episode of The Next Generation shows a 137 year old Dr. McCoy alive.

Posted: Nov 4th 2009 11:10AM (Unverified) said

Oh, and the quote made me happy

That was a great scene...:)