Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 6:00PM MtthwRddl said

Did I just read that right? Under the new system coming in mid-December, all the classes will be free to play up to level 5, and then will become Member-Only classes.

This means that any new players after this update will only be able to play up to level 5 on every class. That sucks! I like the original system better where a free player can play up to level 20 (max) on every free class and can't even play the non-free classes, which are very few.

So FreeRealms is going to become a little "less" free. :(

Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 6:25PM (Unverified) said

gotta admit very smart business thou. get ya hooked on being a wizard or archer then you must pay to play. cant wait i been saying we need houses this first online game i played with so much social but no house for ya. i still think we need an adult server too must be over 18 to get on. and less filter lol

Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 6:45PM Pingles said

I subscribed to Free Realms and played for several months. Mainly because the FREE portion was so good that I really wanted more.

Since then I have played several F2Ps and have not subscribed to ANY of them because they give such a limited amount of game away that I was never convinced to subscribe.

In other words their OLD model was enough to get me to subscribe. Their new model would not have.

It's a good game and I hate to see them making this change.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 10:40PM (Unverified) said

This is pretty much the last straw. There was the value nerf which made everything we owned nearly worthless unless you had been lucky enough to sell off your stuff before it happened. Then there is the total lack of communication with the player base. Quests that are pretty much impossible unless you buy cash shop items with real money. Crafting is a joke, unless you want to lose gold with every item. The chat filters are stupid beyond words.

So much for the original idea they were promoting of moving member jobs to the free side as new jobs were added for members!

Now they are limiting new "free" players to level 5 on everything. It is pretty clear they are only interested in making a fast buck on "rich kids" that will buy tons of stuff in the cash shop and then move on to some other game after awhile. While I don't mind spending money on games (in fact I was a FR member for several months and have bought cash shop outfits, pets and a racing car), the prices are crazy. Much cheaper to just subscribe to a regular MMO.

They really had a fun little casual game. Now it is a grindy money grab, with really annoying timed quests that need cash shop purchases. I'll still stop in each day, even though it looks like all my friends have already left, but I won't be spending any more money on FR. Sony = Greed. Shame.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 11:09PM Pigeonko said

I think the level 5 job trial-esque-thing is a bad idea because I think most people, upon hitting the non-member level cap, would go "yeah that was fun but onto something else now!" Not liking this change.

Posted: Nov 4th 2009 2:49AM (Unverified) said

Even with a level 5 cap, there's soo much content for a new player to try in the game.

Anyway, why the outrage over five bucks per month?

Posted: Nov 4th 2009 6:05AM (Unverified) said

I'd hesitate to guess it's because, once again, SOE have drifted far from their original spiel to consumers.
The premise was 'lots for free, more if you'd like to pay'. It's hardly that anymore, is it.

It's amazing how they continue to let this happen on the inside, time and time again. Surely it's just one executive team constantly being short-sighted and overly ambitious with their profit forecasts.. you'd think they'd have learned by now that there's more value in long term relationships; unless of course they've decided that the entire project isn't where it was expected to be and they're making an attempt to a least pull in revenue that covers original commitments to the board.

One need only look so far back as Legends of Norrath to see this in full effect, and how many folk play that still..? Oh, yah *tumbleweed*.

Seriously SOE - you're going to run out of folk to pull the rug from under at some stage.

Posted: Nov 4th 2009 9:30PM (Unverified) said

I too can remember pre-launch interviews in which they stated that the majority of the content would be open to all subscribers, paying and otherwise, and that as new content was added the proportion would remain the same. I don't begrudge SOE for using this business model, but in what sense is Free Realms different from the newly revamped Warhammer Online with its unlimited free trial up to level 10 or FusionFall? Instead of a Free2Play game, Free Realms is fast becoming "my first subscription MMO" for the younger set and their parents; which is fine, but the "Free" is then a deceptive misnomer.

Posted: Nov 4th 2009 4:45PM (Unverified) said

i love of the changes. i already pay for three accounts. they might loss a few ppl that are to cheap or to young to pay the 5 bucks a month to play game but they will gain more ppl. i have played alot of mmo's this is cheapest pay account ive played and i always have to have more then one account so that makes it good for me .

Posted: Nov 4th 2009 9:45PM (Unverified) said

Hmm.. Trial Realms doesn't quite roll off the tongue.

Posted: Nov 5th 2009 10:25PM (Unverified) said

I dont thnk its really fair 4 only "members" 2 get all the gud stuff....they should atleast give "free players" stuff 2 do. Higher up not 2 level 5 but mayb lvl 10..really cmon give us some slack ;)...PLZ! :D

Posted: Dec 1st 2009 9:07PM (Unverified) said

I agree...

Posted: Dec 2nd 2009 2:52PM (Unverified) said

yea i thnk they should make some changes...

Posted: Dec 10th 2009 1:30AM mattwo said

o.o I think the job they hinted at is samurai, so now we get both TMNT and SPCs (samurai pizza cats) lol j/k