Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 6:07PM Alarie said

My first MMO. Congrats on the double digits. A lot of fantastic memories.

Now make a new AC and do it right this time! : ) Based off the original AC. I just hope the console version you're working on is something AC related.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 6:36PM phobic99 said

While EQ was my first, I had some good times in AC. What I wouldn't give for a 2009 refresh to this game... and I really mean THIS game... not that AC2 trash. ;)

Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 7:09PM Graill440 said

An old guild i was associated with (Fortunes way) when it first started is still going strong after ten years, amazing. I am still in contact with a few of them.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 7:20PM (Unverified) said

Still my favorite mmo ever. The character development system was the best I have played yet. I have heard that fallen earth has something similar. If they would just redo the graphics and controls to something more modern and less Lego looking id have never left!

Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 7:21PM (Unverified) said

Oh thought id add, I dont think anyone can send a one shot due to your limitations. Im pretty sure its impossible to turn off the AC ui. Of course its been years so that might have changed...

Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 9:40PM Alarie said

Well you can crop it maybe? I agree I would really like to see some AC one shots.

I'd also like to add that I think most people like the gameplay of AC, it's just the graphics make you less interested to play. It does for me atleast in my opinion.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 9:06PM (Unverified) said

heck yes

Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 10:53AM ultimateq said

Congrats AC! Though I never played this game, I hope for another 10 years of life!

Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 11:37AM (Unverified) said

Have a happy anniversary AC. Keep on truckin'

Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 12:13PM Stormwaltz said

My first game industry job. In a sense, my first child.

I can't believe it's still going, but I can't imagine the world without the knowledge that Dereth is out there.

Heh. I remember before AC1 shipped, we got an aggrieved email from a medical professional named Dereth, complaining that her name was no longer easy to find in web searches.

Posted: Nov 4th 2009 2:44PM (Unverified) said

AC1 is such a fantastic memory. The game was magnificent, especially the early story arc and lore which made it such an immersive world. Back when avatar names held honor, before the poisoning of MMOs.

The "other game" as some call AC2, is missed. For such a maligned game, there are designs from the AC2 UI and combat system that are carried forward in current MMOs. Being free of the Microsoft controlling eye would have helped.

I just don't understand why nearly anytime future Asheron Call developments are brought up, Turbine employees, current and past, act as if you requested they eat dookie. In a sea of copy cat MMO worlds, an established, original intellectual property is panacea.

Posted: Nov 4th 2009 9:07AM fzzzt said

I'm pretty sure you mean "the big one-zero" not "the big ten-zero", which would be 100, would it not?

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014