Posted: Nov 1st 2009 11:51AM (Unverified) said

Right now I am splitting my time between Borderlands and Torchlight. :-)

Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 9:09AM DFuzzy1 said

You and me both. I also try to squeeze in some Fallen Earth, but recently I've just been adding items to my crafting queue.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 12:15PM Vitamin Dei said

I'm not sure I have a pet genre, as I'm totally ADD and dip my toes into just about everything. Looking back though, I've probably lost the largest percentage of my non-MMO gaming time to SRPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics, Front Mission 3, Disgaea, etc.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 12:30PM (Unverified) said

FPS for me, I play Quake Live, and have played many other FPS's with more dedication then any MMO i've played except Lineage 2.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 12:45PM (Unverified) said

I play first person shooters whenever I need a bit of mindless ultraviolence and I find a good FPS is particularly useful for "coming down" from an mmorpg whenever I want to un-subscribe. However my all time favourite games tend to be single player RTS games like Homeworld, Sacrifice and more recently Company of Heroes. I just don't play them all that often because they take a huge amount of focus and commitment to appreciate properly.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 2:41PM Stormwaltz said

Turn-based strategy (Civilization, Master of Orion, X-Com).

RPGs are second to that.

Posted: May 29th 2012 9:45AM (Unverified) said

Real-Time Strategy; Supreme Commander, Red Alert, Sins of a Solar Empire.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 4:37PM (Unverified) said

I play a wide range of games.

RPGs: KotOR 1+2, NwN 1+2, Uncharted 2, Mass Effect, Bloodlines etc etc.

FPS: CoD4, Medal of Honor, Battlefield etc etc.

Strategy: Company of Heroes, C&C series, World in Conflict

Simulations: Sims, Sim City, Railroad Tycoon, Theme Hospital etc etc.

Space: Wing Commander series, Freespace 1+2, Descent etc etc

And other categories that I'm too lazy to write down ;P

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 5:02PM Leitchy said

I play cards...specifically, I play Pretty Good Solitaire, which has over a thousand different games of solitaire (although I only play a few different sorts). It's especially handy when you're taking that long ride from one zone to another.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 8:53PM (Unverified) said

I spend my time looking for a game to play.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 9:27PM (Unverified) said

Color me another "Top 40" player. Before MMO's, RTS's was probably my biggest genre, though (C&C/Red Alert, Warcraft, Starcraft).

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 9:30PM (Unverified) said

RPG, then FPS. But for me the RPG's always come first :)

Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 7:02PM (Unverified) said

Ladder-enabled online turn-based strategy. Battle for Wesnoth, for example. I plan to purchase Majesty 2 for the holidays, and am also a recent fan of collectable card games.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 10:13PM (Unverified) said

Something along the lines of Fallout 3 or Deus Ex. Intelligent RPS-like FPS games that take a bit of thinking and as well as skill with a weapon.

Make My MMO: December 21 - 27, 2014