Posted: Nov 1st 2009 4:18PM ThePeon25 said

Reading this make u smile that she got something that she liked that they maid something that means allot to some one. I also wish her continued health.

and im looking forward to see her Event when GW2 comes ^^

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 4:33PM DrewIW said

Anyone else notice the Space Hulk box in the pic?

Vintage tabletop gaming at its finest.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 7:45PM BIGGIN said

I noticed! Just played some Space Hulk last night.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 12:22AM Decados said

not only space hulk.. but in the far back is some Confrontation and AT 43 and what looks to be like some of the new Arcane Legions game as well.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 9:49AM Jesspiper said

Don't quote me, but I think SH was recently (or is about to be) re-released.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 4:03AM (Unverified) said

@Jess

Yeah, it was recently re-released, but in a limited number with no plans for more. Best hurry if you still want it, I think it might already be sold out.

The space hulk box was like the first thing I noticed. Good to see game dev offices are the same pretty much the world over.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 5:00PM pcgneurotic said

Rock on, that's totally cool.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 5:03PM Brendan Drain said

This is the sweetest thing ever :)

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 5:03PM DevilSei said

Yep, ArenaNet just one-upped Blizzard.

Blizz gave out a pheonix, in-game quest, and a weapon.

ArenaNet just gave out some one-on-one time with GW2, an event ingame, and who knows what else.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 5:47PM TheJackman said

I do not think this is a good way to compare blizzard and ArenaNet both did grand someones wish.... Both are good in my eyes.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 10:14PM DevilSei said

I have no arguments there actually, I just kind of find it funny that a company swimming in cash did less than a company whose main game only makes cash from box sales. I love the fact that both companies have done something special

Buuuut, if I had to choose between Acti-Blizz or ArenaNet, this just kinda solidifies the choice of ArenaNet a bit more... =P

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 5:09PM cray said

Cheers to Emily and Arenanet for this wonderful moment. Can't wait to experience the "Emily event".

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 5:14PM Lateris said

Creative people have the biggest hearts. I think that was really cool of them to do this.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 5:19PM (Unverified) said

Nice job guys -- you rock bigtime. BTW ... I'm sure there are a lot of ArenaNet GW fans who wouldn't mind paying an extra $5 / box if you end up releasing a GW2-Cardiac Edition having a portion of the $$s going to Emily or one of her favorite charities.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 5:45PM Rowsdower said

Thanks for doing that ArenaNet! I always like when I am dealing with companies that I wouldn't need to warn a child to "stay away from." That is a classy thing to do.

As Pogger suggested, I would gladly pay a $5-10 premium to give something to a heart-related charity or to Emily directly to help treat, research, or otherwise deal with this kind of thing.

My roommate and best friend has a heart condition that required a very invasive surgery as a child. If not for being lucky enough to have good insurgence as well as the best surgeon possible, he'd likely not be here today. If buying a video game I already want could possibly be made to help, then I'd do it!

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 5:59PM (Unverified) said

That was real good of Anet.

But this kind of event makes you wonder what would happen to all the other people that can't even afford a computer OR a heart transplant.....

I never liked hospitals or doctors, I don't like their "People with enough money can live, if you don't have the money you can die" idea.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 9:51AM Jesspiper said

That's only in the U.S.

In the rest of the developped first world, healthcare is generally free.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 5:59PM AlamoeJones said

That is awesome. I never really thought about it, but if I ever had to spend any extended period of time in the hospital that would be plenty of quality game time!

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 7:35PM Cendres said

That's so awesome! It's really nice of the team to go that extra mile too. And I'm really glad they got first hand feedback from a fan for GW2 lol. :) Yay! Thanks Emilie. Wish you well.

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 8:22PM (Unverified) said

The sad thing about this is that any company doing something nice like this will always have the same jerks criticizing them for doing it as a publicity stunt or saying whatever treatment they got wasn't fair for everyone else.