Posted: Oct 31st 2009 12:29PM (Unverified) said

For "Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine" players, this weekend you will get 2x the XP you normally get and have no XP penalty for when you die (however this does not apply to your Demons).

Not many people here at Massively play this little known title, but I felt like mentioning it nonetheless.

Posted: Oct 31st 2009 1:00PM Seraphina Brennan said

Funny enough, Tateru and I play it. =P :D

Posted: Oct 31st 2009 1:55PM (Unverified) said

Lol. Well, I did say "not many." Just seems like the title doesn't get mentioned much anywhere, They're also doing this "Loot Wheel" thing for Halloween that I forgot to mention. Essentially you pay 99 AP ($0.99 USD) to spin a wheel and get a random item. The first two spins are basically free as you're awarded a 100 AP rebate for each spin.

Link to the Loot Wheel: http://megaten.aeriagames.com/itemmall/lootwheel

Posted: Oct 31st 2009 12:40PM AlamoeJones said

Thanks for the list. I wish DDO were doing something though. Maybe I'll pop into Free Realms tonight, haven't been there in quite a while.

Posted: Oct 31st 2009 1:08PM (Unverified) said

What about Blood Moon for Champions?!

Posted: Oct 31st 2009 1:49PM (Unverified) said

Yeah, where's Champions?!

Posted: Oct 31st 2009 2:07PM (Unverified) said

Man, that's a good question. Where *is* Champions?

Posted: Oct 31st 2009 5:40PM (Unverified) said

Where is Champions? Champions is unable to connect, unable to retrieve the character list, stuck at a loading screen, or any combination of these three options.

I suppose I can't complain too much since I'm taking advantage of the free weekend, but this also means I won't be paying for it anytime soon.

I was really wanting to like the game too :(

Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 7:27AM Tridus said

Champions has been patching for the last 23 hours. Maybe it'll finish before the event ends.

Maybe. :P

Posted: Oct 31st 2009 3:27PM Ageek said

What about he Fall Festival in Lord of the Rings Online?

Posted: Oct 31st 2009 4:43PM (Unverified) said

What baffles me is that somehow Hallow's End in World of Warcraft was left unmentioned?

Posted: Oct 31st 2009 5:32PM pcgneurotic said

Am I the only Grinch who is utterly bored of and tired out by the constant cycle of 'holiday events' in MMOGs? It seems like a huge drag now, where once it was truley a novelty. Everybody's got to festivise their game, and then spam the 'net with the news.
EQII's christmasy shizz is cool, that one I like. A couple of the WoW gigs are fun, but I remember when they introduced their bonfire thing, the psuedo harvest festival thing, I thought 'This is going a bit far'.
You know, when it fits with a game world's lore, it's okay, the devs gave it some thought and made something that you can sort of 'buy', but it seems like a lot of these events these days are just ways of reminding you that a game even exists, rather than building anything topical into the thing.
What next? Mother's Day? I'm sick of this crap already, give it a break!

Posted: Oct 31st 2009 5:51PM Pigeonko said

Actually Free Realms DID do something for Mother's Day, kind of. Free rose bouquet thingies. Lol.

Posted: Oct 31st 2009 6:14PM (Unverified) said

I'm half-with you. I'm tired of every game mirroring real-world holidays. I'd love to see some games with some of their own holidays within their game's universe. Things that are unique and have no real-world counterparts. Add some credibility to your game world. Give it some celebrations and holidays of its own. To use the obvious example, don't you think the inhabitants of Azeroth would have some sort of celebration to commemorate their victory against the Burning Legion, or something of that nature?

Posted: Nov 1st 2009 6:22AM pcgneurotic said

That's it Clockwork, exactly - holidays stemming from game lore, not rl lore. Heh.

Posted: Nov 9th 2009 9:27AM (Unverified) said

I really fought that the Aion halloween event was bad basically a load of useless candy and a pumpkin hat which was by far the best thing they gave us

Betawatch: September 13 - 19, 2014