Posted: Oct 30th 2009 9:06AM MrGutts said

Hey it's my mower I love to run chipmunks over with! :)

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 10:25AM Dread said

Jennings is the bloody Ted McGinley of the MMO world.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 11:01AM (Unverified) said

Holy crap, I'm in the news!

I gotta smack down #2. Scott is one of the best people I've ever worked with. He's brilliant, organized, inspiring, a born leader, and I'd work with him again in a heartbeat. Pinning any blame on him for the way the last two projects turned out is ignorant and unjustified.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 12:50PM pcgneurotic said

Hey! I like McGinley. Never heard of Jennings though.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 1:16PM (Unverified) said

Scott's "first" well known role in the gaming world was as the creator and author of THE definitive Elder Scrolls Daggerfall website (Daggerweb I think, although I may be misremembering which site it was). So I'd think to lean toward the Elder Scrolls project :(

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 3:51PM pcgneurotic said

You're kidding? Man, Daggerfall is still my favourite RPG of all time, veeery closely followed by Morrowind. If that was an ES MMOG that got shit-canned, I'd be very upset. Then again, I'd like to think that such an event would be preceeded with a little more fanfare. ES fans are every bit as rabid as the Fallout mob.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 5:40PM karnisov said

i highly doubt it was elder scrolls, that's owned by Bethesda (Zenimax), and Scott was working for 2k (not zenimax).

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 5:42PM karnisov said

ok apparently 2k was co-publisher for ES:4, i still doubt it was ES since the rumor is strategy based, not role-play

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 5:36PM karnisov said

x-com mmo? there was an article on bluesnews about an x-com remake happening at 2k, http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=103678

Posted: Oct 31st 2009 9:43AM (Unverified) said

"designed a fully modular and customizable system of player throne rooms they can outfit with items they win or buy in the game"

Throne rooms?!?!?! That's pure Civ II! I'd say the theory that they were working on a Civ MMO, and that it got killed by the Civ Facebook game announced last week, are strong.

Shame...I'd pay a ton for a Civ mmo......Facebook...not so much.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories