Posted: Oct 30th 2009 4:38PM MtthwRddl said

Untimed Capped Free-Trials should become standard for all future MMOs. They are very much a great marketing device.

10 levels isn't much. You can make 10 levels in a day (or two) of playing, especially if Tier 1 is as packed as it was when I used to play (as Tier 1 was the most fun tier).

But to be able to test out a game as much as you want, even if you stop gaining exp at level 10 and can't go to tier 2, is pretty amazing. I'd be more willing to try new games if they had free trials like these.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 4:50PM Holgranth said

Dose this extend to unsubbed accounts?

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 5:48PM Ivasen said

I don't think so, I think this is just for the Trial accounts that haven't bought the actual serial code.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 4:50PM GenericPerson said

I think this is one step closer to moving this game to the micro-transaction method. Even though I am paying I'm debating on stopping payment and just play a bunch up to level 11, might as well get the most out of it before I'm forced to resub.

I'd have to say I'd be missing out on quite a bit, since I thought Tier 2 was the most fun. It was quick to level up to T2 and you finally got to defend Keeps and use siege weapons, despite all but the rams and oil/poison being completely worthless.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 5:26PM elocke said

Yeah, this is one game that is soooo casual it needs to be made FTP with possible microtransactions just to have a healthy population to play the game.

The game is fun IF there are people in the world doing quests, PQs, scenarios, etc. I've been trying to play it lately and I keep getting stuck in the leveling rut because no one is around to run this stuff with. On top of that, I have to level just to get to the fun RVR/PVP and high end gear that will make all this worthwhile. See the problem?

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 6:58PM GenericPerson said

I just came back about two weeks ago. Decided to re-roll on Gorfang since at the time it looked like it was a pretty active server plus it had an xp bonus. T1 was outstandingly populated, T2 was as well, but now that I'm in T3 this place is over ran with Destruction. If anyone is in T3 and needing a tank/dps for anything holler at me, I'm Thavier.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 7:07PM Minofan said

I'm a bit busy with Torchlight, Smackdown vs Raw 2010 and - as ever - Guild Wars right now, but if unlimited trial ever extends to the EU I'd be tempted.

Re: unsubbed accounts; I don't personally think this distinction is important - if any veteran wants to play just make an all new account, as even if you did want to return to subscribing it'd be quick to do tier 1 again... or just buy any of the boxes online retailers are clearing for practically the same cost as your first month anyway (in the UK at least).

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 7:09PM DrewIW said

I'm no longer playing, but still following the news about WAR. I really hope that this helps to inject some fresh blood into this game. Of course a lot of fixing is still required, but maybe this will entice some people.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 7:40PM engrey said

A nice addition to the game but I am still waiting for more content and fixes to re-sub again. Have not touched the game since I left 3-4 months after release. Funcom is doing a decent job of fixing AoC and I hope WAR can do the same.

Like Bryan said, WAR is only fun when people are around. I think Mythic should consolidate more and only have 4-5 servers, this way people will always be on. Sure it may be crowded but you have action and battles all the time.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 7:42PM (Unverified) said

I quit WAR a few months ago because it got very repetitive. I would start a toon, level him to T3 then get stuck because T3 never seems to be very populated. If this game went FTP I would play a lot more and would be willing to make a few purchases for gear or mounts or something.