Posted: Oct 30th 2009 1:04PM breezer said

Squeee!

Wonder what the delay was in announcing Jedi? I was thinking the might be having problems deciding how much dark force powers Jedis would have access to. The videos feature force push and saber throw, typically dark powers in TOR games. I'm really curious to see how they limit the dark powers for Jedi or differentiate Jedi from Sith from a class design stand point.

Whatever happens, I have great faith in Bioware :D

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 1:16PM (Unverified) said

Saber throw and force push have always been neutral force powers from dark forces 2 to KOTOR 2.

I can see that both jedi/sith can use both sides of force powers for a dark/light meter to actually mean anything, with the story for each class being the main differentiation.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 3:39PM RogueJedi86 said

I can give a simple reason for why they didn't announce Jedi sooner: it wasn't ready. We've known for a long while that they only announce features when they're playable and working on the internal servers. That way they aren't just blowing hot air up our skirts. Jedi's finally in a solid state, so they announce it now. I bet all the footage of Jedi on its class page is actual in-game abilities, not just pre-rendered "this is what we want Jedi to do!" bullshot(yes bullshot, look it up).

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 1:36PM AlamoeJones said

I will begin to care about this game when they announce Ewoks.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 3:00PM MrGutts said

I hope they put them in game so I can make ewok kabobs...

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 1:53PM Ivasen said

Interesting.

I'm willing to make a bet that Droid will be the next Empire reveal and exclusive.
That would leave two slots open for both sides, and we still need a support class of some type.

I'm guessing a Force intensive class for the Republic and a...I'm at a loss as to what the Empire would get. I don't know if it would focus on the Force or have another support of some type.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 2:43PM Ivasen said

Here

Dallas Dickinson: We want to make sure that we have many, many MMO roles filled there, but it's really important to us that players are able to actually play their experience either as a group or as a solo. So there are a number of ways that healing comes into the game. Several of our classes have healing branches that they can follow that will have some specific healing powers, but we don't want to make it a requirement for the base core game. That said, you're obviously going to be better off, especially when you get into higher-level stuff and into PvP, if you have healers on your side.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 2:00PM (Unverified) said

There wont be a class that focus in support on ToR, the devlopers said that.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 4:25PM (Unverified) said

That what I said....

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 2:26PM Ivasen said

I think you misread that, there is an interview which states you wouldn't want to go into an instance without a "support class".

I think you are reading the public forums too much, only stick to the interviews.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 2:00PM Cendres said

I want to play some type of medic, or a smuggler with medical ability. But I'll probably end up being a Jedi.... ^_~
Actually I really hope they announce something extra cool that counters Jedi or Sith. Bounty Hunter is very cool but not something I think I'd play.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 2:02PM Caerus said

I would love to see the force powers be relatively unrestricted, but cause alignment shifts on use. It never made sense to me that I could remain fully lightside and run around slaughtering rooms with force storm.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 2:28PM (Unverified) said

Well, technically, a spy IS a rogue. A rogue with a cushy government position. Personally, I'd like to see a Thief class, particularly if they drew inspiration from the Ocean's Eleven or Lupin the Third style of thief, with a lot of skill and gadgets to acquire ridiculously expensive items from very dangerous places.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 3:02PM CCon99 said

I'm still holding out hope for a "Force Mage" type of class that would be a nuker or support class.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 4:11PM RogueJedi86 said

"Force Mage"? This ain't WoW, sure you could've used the name already established that already describes what you're thinking of. I'm thinking Jedi Sentinel is the Force-heavy Jedi, but I may be wrong.

And I say no more Force classes. If you make 2 classes per side "Force classes", then half the game's classes are "Force classes", which puts all the more focus on them. Leaving it at just 1 per side makes "Force classes" 1/4 of the total classes, which lets us "normal guys" have day in the limelight. You know we non-Forcies will need all the help we can get to keep 99% of all players from rolling Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior. I'm dead set on rolling Republic Trooper, and I'm hoping I'm not the only guy in the game who rolls it.

Besides, you know with whatever equivalent of Talent Points TOR has, you'll be able to put points into using the Force instead of sabers. That's how you'll have your so-called "Force Mage".

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 4:27PM Ivasen said

I agree with what Wisdomandlore said, I think it should be able to be branched.
All Jedi and Sith use a lightsaber no matter what they are, there are very few exceptions and even then they were still assigned a lightsaber. (Jedi Warriors use the Force and Martial Arts instead of a lightsaber, but they still had one on person.)

Jedi Consular is skilled using the Force, but still use a lightsaber.

Jedi Guardian is skilled towards combat with a lightsaber, but still uses a little bit of force.

Jedi Sentinel is balanced.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 3:08PM Cicadymn said

Still looking forward to playing a good aligned sith.

Jedi and Sith are two extremes. We need to make a middle ground.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 3:10PM Wisdomandlore said

I'm hoping that "force nuker" and "healer" are simply branches of the Jedi Knight/Sith class. That would add a lot more depth to the game and allow you to create the kind of Jedi you want. I also hope Droid is a race option, with Jedi and maybe Trooper unavailable to it.

However, if the above turned out to be true, I don't know what the remaining three classes would be. Some kind of Diplomat for the Republic perhaps?

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 3:59PM Ivasen said

I think that's a great idea, all of the different types of Jedi/Sith still use a Saber in some way, even if their specialty is controlling the Force.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 3:24PM Lateris said

Saber throw and force push looked really good. I am betting the next class will be Imperial Covert\Spy.
| 1 | 2 |