Posted: Oct 29th 2009 5:22PM Valentina said

The price cuts are very nice, and the end-game is being very well rounded with each update being full of new content. I would definitely suggest people play this game.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 5:49PM (Unverified) said

I would check it out if it went free to play.

Also - if you allowed houses and player made content to allow some GOR communities to spring up :P

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 6:06PM bak said

Oh Age of Conan, if you go F2P I will definitely be back.

I miss the combat and miss the game, but I only pay for one subscription game at a time and that spot is taken...

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 6:16PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
What the hell is it with player housing, i just don't get it completely useless and it wouldn't work in AOC. there is zero benefit just because wow or EQ or some other game has doesn't mean everyone has to have to.

Damm wowlings stick to wow or open your mind to stuff that isnt wow did it this way its much much better it isn't.

rant over.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 6:31PM (Unverified) said

Uh, WoW doesn't have player housing. Never has. L2comprehend before you comment.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 9:32PM Cendres said

"Open your mind to stuff that isn't..."

Yeah I'd follow my own advice if I were in your shoes.. ;) okees?

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 6:48AM (Unverified) said

Some people play these games for a virtual world experience rather than just a loot grind. For that having your own personalized space can be very important. It's funny you mention WoW. A game that has never had player housing and the whole concept of it would be antithetical to their theme park design.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 7:01PM Jesspiper said

I hate to admit it but the game as is is kick ass. Had it released in this condition it would have dominated the MMORPG market. At least that's my opinion.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 10:28AM mysecretid said

Agreed, Jess.

I'm going back soon after my new rig arrives. Age od Conan is a different beast these days, and I like it too.

And personally, I hope it never goes Free-To-Play.

Why? because (unfortunately) F2P seems to raise the percentage of idiots playing any MMORPG, and I'd prefer to avoid that.

The problem with free is that it lets in even the worst of the worst; I've found that idiots are often cheap bastids as well -- and that a little money seems to be a great barrier for keeping them out.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 7:17PM Temko said

hmm, have 'm throw out Update 6 and maybe even 7 before i reconsider. so far it's still missing a LOT of content in the leveling gap, and the lack of PvP endgame balance is absurd.

so no.. even price cuts (unless tehy give me a 2 week free + 2 week paid pricecut) wont do it.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 7:36PM Lateris said

Is the DX 10 beta completed yet? How is the engine these days?

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 9:01PM TheJackman said

I think they still not complete the DX10 part but they may as well start working on the DX11 one! ;D

Anyway this game did come a long way and is way more stable and better them what it was before.... can it kick down WAR, hell yeah and it beats that other just release game with graphic style and content by far!

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 9:36PM (Unverified) said

I've got to admit, AoC is seriously tempting me to check it out again. I miss Fatality moves!

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 4:10PM Valentina said

Um there is no real issue with leveling in that game right now, Plus just released new end-game content with more on its way really soon.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 12:25AM Lateris said

Will a Intel e6400 CPU, ATI 4850 card, 4GBS of RAM, and Windows 7 handle it?

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 5:26AM (Unverified) said

I've been tempted to try out AoC again, if the monthly fee's drop, it may just be enough incentive. I only played for 2 months after launch, got completely bored by about level 45, and PvP was a mess. I would like to actually experience some sieges, and the game was completely gorgeous.

I wish there were more reviews of just how the game is these days, can't seem to find a current state of the game coverage.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 7:12AM (Unverified) said

Pretty much the same problem with games at the moment with not being able to find new reviews for them. Lots of people asking for more people to join the game since it's better now but I'd like to watch video reviews of games before deciding if the game is worth getting. I believe latest ones for Age of Conan at the moment are over 10 months old.

Hopefully some of those people who are still playing and hope there would be more players will make a review about the current state of this game including end game PvE, PvP, crafting etc.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 8:44AM Tom in VA said

A recent review *would* be helpful as it sounds like this game has changed a lot since release ...

As for me, I'd need to know (i) how heavy the hardware requirements are for AoC and (ii) how soloable the post-solo/tutorial portion of the game is.

I hate getting stuck every time I turn around in MMOs with "you need a group for this, you need a group for that..." WoW has a nice balance between solo and group content. I wonder how AoC stacks up next to that?

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 11:20AM Cendres said

Well it's been a bit since I played but I thought AoC had a nice balance too, I solo'd most of everything past 40 but there were a few dungeons I couldn't do alone. I did do one solo dungeon and that was FUN! :)

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 11:33AM (Unverified) said

Thanks for the great reading, collegepersonals . I will pass this on to our Ira clients to read.