Posted: Oct 28th 2009 3:00PM (Unverified) said

There's literally fecal matter in the PvE portion of Aion? huh...

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 10:31PM Cendres said

Apparently to some people lol.

I happen to love the PvE part of Aion and not give two rat's butt about the PvP so I guess it depends on your view point. The crafting is wonderful, if a little automatic, I prefer more interactive crafting like Vanguard and Eq2 but I can live with Aion's AfK and random proc crafting though. The items sure are pretty! ^_^

I think what's going to hurt Aion if anything right now is FF14, they are going to take away the 'anime' loving PvE people away. Because let's face it people who really love this probably really love it because they already like Asian themed games, otherwise you'll gloss it over and play something else. In general of course not everyone in the west is like this...

Posted: Oct 28th 2009 11:47PM Valdur said

Shawn can you please describe what is "fun" in an MMO?

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 7:48AM (Unverified) said

That's impossible. It's different for everyone.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 8:43AM Miffy said

My problem with Low budget MMOs is they always forget about art style, character models, UI and animations. Which for me are the most important part because if I don't like the look of my character or how he animates, I wont care about my character. If the combat doesn't animate well then I wont find it fun. If the world doesn't interest me with good lore or it doesn't look good then I wont want to epxlore it. If the UI is bad then I'll have a hard time using it and it wont be fun.

I'd rather a game start out small but really polished and then expand because games like Fallen Earth just look and play horrible for the reasons I stated and it puts me off playing.

However I also have to add the game has to be seamless for an MMO cause if it doesn't feel like a world then it breaks the immersion and I hate loading screens.