Posted: Oct 28th 2009 12:26PM ThePirateBo said

• 1 heart
"Tamat: Aion has been met with an overwhelming amount of praise overall. Our players love the game, the review scores have been cumulatively high, and despite the issues that exist in every new MMO, we had a solid launch-a fact that was recognized by both the press and the players." Um ... players love the game? Have you read the forums? Us players are raging .. we love the game yes .. we hate nc soft .. just read the aion source forum .. ffs they cant even use the official forums
this is more spin .. on a lineage 2 clone with the same bot problem .. i give aion 6 months before the players leave!

Posted: Oct 28th 2009 2:22PM (Unverified) said

Unhappy people are always louder than the happy ones. Why? Because those of us who are happy with the game are too busy playing and having a blast.

Yes, there are issues like with every other game. But none really feels like gamebreaking to me.

Posted: Oct 28th 2009 4:59PM (Unverified) said

I sincerely hope you are able to get regular, detailed and clear communication going with the community. The failure of NCsoft to post on their own forums was one of two major factors in me dropping Aion.

The other was the fact that it continually had lag problems as it passed through the AT&T routers here in the SF Bay Area. I've played a half dozen MMOs with the same hardware, software and ISP, and regretfully had to drop Aion in favor of Champions simply because Aion never worked right!!! I may given Aion a try again, but only when I see community or dev postings that indicate that an update includes fixes to the game's comm infrastructure. Needless to say, the complete lack of postings about technical details gave me the impression you were concentrating on bigger issues that affected more people, which discouraged me. I go into this to give you ammunition in your arguments for detailed, comprehensive patch notes in a clearly marked section of the game's forums.

Posted: Oct 28th 2009 10:17PM (Unverified) said

I'm really enjoying Aion right now, more than any MMO I've played in years. (Yes, including THAT MMO)

The only thing however that will make me cancel my subscription is the botting. There was a significant change made recently with the great bannination of 09, but there are plenty of botters grinding away still, not to mention the crafting botters going 24-7 in Sanctum with no way of reporting them.

Their feedback on this issue as well as how it's handled and how speedily will determine a lot about the future of the game.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 10:44PM (Unverified) said

It's nice that they are improving communication issues. But man, it's going slow and subscription is for a month only. We don't play by hour which means we care more for the development process and communication. Bring more. Please.

The Daily Grind: Do you suck at MMOs?

Posted on Jul 25th 2014 8:00AM