Posted: Oct 28th 2009 6:41PM Graill440 said

• Half a heart
"we have (had) alot of technical issues" "we will be working on bugs for a few weeks" Weeks?!

Not things i want to hear from team managers on a game that was released and is pulling in cash. I wonder what standards the folks have that are paying for this MMO. I never did hear anything on the character creation or grahics updates, though i bet they are saving money by using 1998 equipment and code borrowed from kings quest.

Posted: Oct 28th 2009 7:07PM Firebreak said

That is insane a developer being honest with his community, man I would be so pissed about not being lied and mislead. How dare he tells us the truth about what is going on. I sir am simply outraged. I demand that he shove his head into the sand and tell me that everything is going to be ok and that the problems must be on my end.

This is simply outrageous.

Posted: Oct 28th 2009 7:21PM phairoh said

Software has bugs. That's just how it is. There are millions of lines of code and in those lines of code there are mistakes, or there are hacks to meet deadlines, or there are misplaced strings, or there are memory leaks, etc. No matter how much QA goes on things will always get through because either they were missed completely or found but deemed of low enough priority that the release could go through, regardless. No matter which company is doing it this will ALWAYS HAPPEN.

As an example of this, Microsoft just released Windows 7 a few days ago. After paying around $200 for it, everyone in the world fully expects Microsoft to continue updating and fixing this software for the next decade, and that's without the consumers even spending another dime! Apparently what you would propose is that Microsoft should push back their release for 10 years so that they can get every bug 100% fixed. It simply does not work like that.

I expect the FE team to be working on bugs for months, even years, at which point there will still be some bugs, and I'm perfectly fine with that. It's just how software works.

Posted: Oct 28th 2009 6:57PM (Unverified) said

You Sir are a Moron.

You have no clue, go back to WoW, do not come within 50 miles of FE please, we don't need your douchebaggery.

Posted: Nov 3rd 2009 1:04PM (Unverified) said

I had a chance to beta this game and constantly saw improvements in the games mechanics, software, and not everyone experienced some or all of these issues, but I have to agree they were still there. You are correct when they do seem on top of getting items fixed and complaints resolved (well the ones that really need to be addressed). Not the constant complaining!

I have never seen such a constant stupidness when it comes to certain new players, do not get me wrong but everyone is a newbie or needs help in sometime of their game play. In fact I have been a guide in other MMO's and thought about being on the," Hazmat team," here, but the pure stupidily of people who are used to playing MMO's that guide them everywhere practically by hand is surprisingly on the heavy side.

What happened to game where you actually had to go find something but just a suggestion of where the npc/quest giver may have said it was? They actually gave in and made a care-bear tutorial to a rather no so difficult game to play or figure out. Also it is super easy to max out not just one character but two since the game has been out. Crafting is probably the most difficult thing to do within the game itself, even that does not take a PhD to figure out.

I like this game for the most part but this is more a hold over game till the next one comes out, most likely Star Wars or Star Trek.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories