Posted: Oct 28th 2009 6:33PM DrewIW said

American only I guess?

There's over 40 countries involved in ISAF right now...

Posted: Oct 28th 2009 7:03PM Graill440 said

I did not know the military relaxed the email restrictions on AKO or military office email. PAO certainly hasnt listed or released any statements about this offer or the first one they did 2 years ago. My contacts still say on post email is restricted and monitored. As for AKO allowing this i do not know.

Good for the service members

Posted: Oct 28th 2009 10:30PM (Unverified) said

It's not too bad with AKO right now. I got a lot of personal things that head into mine.

Posted: Oct 28th 2009 9:20PM LaughingTarget said

The problem with this is that the military civilian personnel are the ones that actively use the .mil addresses. I have a navy.mil address for work, maybe I'll get into the free 6 month action myself.

Posted: Oct 28th 2009 10:15PM axendo79 said

I am currently in the Navy and have had no problem using my shipboard email address for personal use, actually I wish some of what I get WOULDNT get sent to my ships email account but it wont stop and I still havent gotten in trouble for it, some of which I am pretty sure I would have at the time I received it.

Posted: Oct 28th 2009 11:02PM (Unverified) said

"This offer is available for new and existing Pirates of the Burning Sea accounts created by members of the United States Military only."

No love for Australians.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 12:25AM Sam not Spam said

I was quite excited by this, and forwarded this information to one of the community reps at City of Heroes.

@Roby
I know some folks from Australians and it seems to be international law that you guys get the short end of the stick for anything gaming or internet related. That being said, I'd see if whoever is handing the game there would be interested (is it there?). I mean, just look at all the contests and promos that are only for specific regions or countries! Encourage them to do the same for you guys :)

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 4:43AM Russell Clarke said

Just sounds to me like a cynical marketing ploy to pump the numbers of a dying game. Only US need apply? If they were really interested in supporting the troops it would be open to all nationalities.

Posted: Oct 30th 2009 6:29PM (Unverified) said

FLS hates Australians lol

They do everything they can to burn us. The 'Oceanic' server is more a US central shift worker server than an antipodian one.

A dying game is right too. The rumor is that SOE is going to dump PotBS for The Agency.