Posted: Oct 28th 2009 6:26PM urgan said

Too bad this was one of the worst handled in game events I have ever seen. The devs didn't communicate how the event worked. They didn't put anything on the map. They made open missions with 2 hour timers on them. The celestial powers perks and costume rewards were all bugged. (yes yes, fixes are coming, fine. Its like they don't even know what a test server is).

Don't get me wrong, I love Champions Online and don't regret my purchase of a lifetime subscription one bit, but this is the kind of crap that makes people walk away from a game and never come back. This game's Halloween event made me go play another game instead for Halloween.

Posted: Oct 28th 2009 8:08PM Psychotic Storm said

well they did fix them in a few hours.

this time they went, "we got the feedback, but thought otherwise, we were wrong".

lets see the next time....

honestly 2 hours wait was way too much for 13 missions, and people got pass it anyway so it was a futile attempt.

never the less since fixes kicked in so fast I am ok.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 5:00AM (Unverified) said

Maybe the folks at Massively can start a new section called Exploits.

CO and the BM patch introduced a new exploit making players invulnerable in all the pvp matches. Was reported and noted over 8 hours ago (as of this posts time) and there has been nothing done about it.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 7:36AM Arcadian said

That will make quite an impression on this free weekend! Might as well have some fun with that before the sub runs out.

This game was nowhere close to being in release status. Half the powersets are unfinished, the rest are broken. Last night's patch broke the costume sets from the C-store. PvP is now officially 100% borked with nothing but teams of people Lash w/ Meteor Hammer and Scything Blade w/ Swallowtail Cut thanks to the free retcon, and the exploit.

CO is the new Tabula Rasa.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 7:48AM Arcadian said

Oh, looks like yet another emergency patch to fix the Hunter/Werewolf in PvP exploit...

Of course, they're not fixing the broken *powers* in PvP...

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 7:01AM (Unverified) said

This was the worst in game event I've seen to date in an mmo

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 9:03AM (Unverified) said

Having played MMOs since Meridian 51 and UO, I have to say I've not seen a dev team more responsive to feedback than Cryptic in quite a long time.

The suggestions the players made about how to improve Blood Moon have been implemented in a matter of hours. Meanwhile, nobody in this thread has any positive feedback whatsoever to add.

I love how adding player suggested improvements to the event within 48 hours is considered "lack of effort by the devs".

The sense of entitlement in this thread is pretty pathetic.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 10:41AM Arcadian said

Sorry Zandar.

You're playing a dead game walking. CoX Going Rogue and DC Universe will finish off this disaster of a game in a matter of months.

The only good news about this is that nobody will ever hire those twin morons Roper and Emmert again. They are a stain on the MMO genre.

Borderlands is more fun than CO anyway.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 4:22PM (Unverified) said

I think Cryptic do listen to the community, but as in Beta the worrying thing is what they present and believe is 'adequet' almost invariably isn't. They don't seem to have a feel for what makes for fun, or anything that can make the theme come alive.

The most severe concern is the core game engine appears to be extremely basic and restrictive as regards world interaction. With so few mechanics for the player to employ/influence there are no real hooks for future content to add variety or involvement.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 10:48AM (Unverified) said

Stop Complaining all the time... Anyway, JP is a CO hater heh.

Actually, I have fun with C.O. I've played a lot of MMO and this one ( in my opinion) have something different. I'm not a hardcore player, ( max 10 hours a week) so I'm only at lvl 30.

Maybe it's not for everyone but I don't think that the dev are not doing a bad job.

Maybe they did some mistake but hey, life is a bitch. ;)

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 11:49AM (Unverified) said

He's a hater, period. And a schmuck. And he wets his bed at night.

Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen a positive comment about a game come from this loser in any post on this blog.

Just a lot of stupid ragging by a silly fool who likes to think he's important.

Anyway, I've read mixed about CO's Blood Moon event, which is what I often read about ANY event here.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 11:01AM (Unverified) said

Note to self... be suspect of any MMO offering lifetime subscription before launch. I didn't buy one but looking back this had to be one of the most obvious money grabs in history. They were counting on fanbois and hype because they new the game was just, well, to be polite, not that great.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 11:51AM (Unverified) said

Well, considering most of the serious reviews that came out when the game launched disagree with your assessment, I don't think you know what you're talking about when you say "They were counting on fanbois and hype because they new the game was just, well, to be polite, not that great."

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 12:10PM Psychotic Storm said

It is a personal opinion, mine differs from yours, it boils down to what you want from a game, how tolerant you are and what level of patience you may have.

Personally I got what I wanted, its not perfect, but it is getting fixed quickly and the developer team is getting better each time, slowly, but steadily, JP might start screaming about "fanboy", but that is how I see it.

I do not believe the game is in any danger and if nothing else the servers were quite lively yesterday, that is all.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 1:48PM Arcadian said

I beg to disagree...the 72 average at Metacritic pretty much proves you a liar or a fool.

Most everyone agrees with Gamespot's take:

"Before you take the plunge, ask yourself whether you're looking for a new virtual world to call your second home or whether you just need to cleanse your palate with a bit of streamlined superhero action. If you're in the former group, Champions Online isn't broad or deep enough yet to make it your game of choice. If you're in the latter, you'll get more than your money's worth for the initial retail price, and the month or so that it takes to fully explore its vibrant nooks and crannies."

And lo and behold, after the first month...they left.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 1:59PM Psychotic Storm said

I disagree and you have stepped the line more than you should.

and that "mostly everyone" is blatantly supported.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 1:03PM dudemanjac said

I'm not going to spend more time defending the game I am enjoying emmensly from the same ppl. I will just say for someone who is curious about it, try the free trial this weekend and judge for yourself. It's a lot of fun.

Posted: Nov 2nd 2009 7:26AM Tridus said

I did that. It took a full 24 hours to patch the game, on a 20mbps fiber connection. Tons of other people having the same problem.

So my first experience with the game is that Cryptic has no idea what they're doing.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 2:00PM (Unverified) said

Sorry, 72 is C- and although reviews are a good indicator, they are not always accurate, and usually generalized. Also, I didn't know opinions were considered lies? This is about as bad as the official forums.

Posted: Oct 29th 2009 2:09PM (Unverified) said

I'm excited about the new content, the game badly needs it, because now it's directly competing with CoX Going Rogue.

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors aweigh in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM