Posted: Oct 26th 2009 1:00PM Nmaster64 said

More MMOs need to fall in line with that kind of pricing scheme. $150+ for a year of play is a complete ripoff for ANY game, especially after a $30-$60 down payment. $100/yr seems like a solid price point to aim for...

Posted: Oct 26th 2009 1:07PM Evy said

Very tempting...

Posted: Oct 26th 2009 2:08PM JaySpeed said

Not to be a fanboy, but I can subcribe to LOTRO for 1 month at $9.99, 3 months at $28.75, 6 months at $55.75, 12 months at $109.99, or lifetime membership at $199.00. Either way though it is nice to have lower than normal subscription fee's for MMO's. $12.99 should be the highest on standard MMO's. $14.99 needs to go. We're in a recession!

Posted: Oct 26th 2009 2:26PM (Unverified) said

In a year time AoC will be f2p. Basically they are trying to bag as much money as they can before they announce going f2p and reimbursing the game time buyers with their cash shop points (read veteran rewards) which doesn't cost them anything. Cunning plan I'd say.

Posted: Oct 26th 2009 2:29PM (Unverified) said

Got any sauce to go on that speculation?

Posted: Oct 26th 2009 2:46PM mysecretid said

I don't expect Age of Conan to go free-to-play any time soon, either --

-- but the post _did_ get me wondering about one thing: AoC is very much an M-rated game. Has there ever been a successful F2P M-rated MMORPG outside of Asia?

I would think that the adults-only aspect of some of the content would limit your user-base to a degree, and isn't sheer volume of customers the way F2P MMORPGs ultimately make their money?

Besides all this, older gamers theoretically have more of their own money to spend on their entertainment, so the need for a F2P Age of Conan becomes an even harder sell, I suspect.

Posted: Oct 26th 2009 4:04PM (Unverified) said

I don't think AOC will be going F2P either. I just think that Funcom are continuing their ideas and trends which have turned AoC around and making a fantasic game more fantastic! :)

TBH it's nice to see a game which we all thought was dead really making headway in all areas. I have been playing it from launch and it's a different game now.

Patch day tomorow for vet rewards and a new PVE instance and then patch in a month or two for Guild Renown system and Teir 3 raids...

..next year is the expansion Rise Of The Godslayer too.

GOOD STUFF! :)

Posted: Oct 27th 2009 2:23AM (Unverified) said

The owners of the Conan property and Failcom all know that the correct price/month for Conan is $0/month.

DDO is going to steamroll this game.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014