Posted: Oct 25th 2009 1:54PM yavo said

sad, very sad. I really, really liked this game. Last week i resub'd since my choppa is only 38, thought i would take him to 40. Problem is he is on the open realm vs realm server, and faction population haven't gone higher than low/low in 2 weeks on most servers. So had to reroll characters on a server that hits med/med a couple hrs a day, and at least during those times i have a chance for a scenario to pop. I keep hearing people will be coming back from aion and other new releases once they become disillusioned over there, i just don't know, and as i said i really like this game and don't know if we will ever get back to where we were. Sad having to go thru watching something you enjoy slowly melt away.

Posted: Oct 25th 2009 3:28PM Agar said

The only hope this game has now is to become f2p like DnD did....

Posted: Oct 25th 2009 6:28PM Anticrawl said

If it goes free to play I'll gladly come back. I love playing this with my lady but we just didn't play it often enough to justify the monthly fee ontop of console gaming and whatnot. We both have the collector's edition and maps.

Posted: Oct 25th 2009 8:01PM yavo said

oh man, i was there at regular launch of D&DO, and i really like playing this game also :) and am still there for the f2p game. D&DO did such a great model for what ya get, and what ya pay for, it makes me wonder. No way i could see them pulling off f2p for warhammer. As much as it would be cool, and tons of ppl would come back to chk the game out, i really don't think mythic could keep enough of them, because i see them wanting to charge for everything, and greed would sink that boat :(

Posted: Oct 26th 2009 6:08AM (Unverified) said

On the two main English EU servers I am noticing a growing number of new players, as evidenced by the glut of 'noob' questions in the /advice channel. Post 1.3.2, very few of these have been technical/performance related questions.

In my experience - and the experience of my guildmates and randoms I chat to - the game runs much, much smoother now, and is probably somewhere around where it should have been for launch. My wife played, quit because of the bugginess, but has happily resubbed and is enjoying both the live event (creepy masks and football!!!) and the re-designed starting zone. PVE is actually viable, not to mention much more enjoyable, now, while the new player RVR experience has gone from strength to strength.

I know people are talking about 'dilution' with the starter zone changes, but the RVR in tier 1 is now pretty much 24 hour, with scenario pops (one of the game's real bugbears) occurring regularly till the wee small hours.

Once endgame is revamped, and if EA gives Mythic another year, WAR stands a fighting chance of undoing some of the PR damage the last 12 months have seen.

As for F2P, I find that unlikely, as the Warhammer IP costs a lot to maintain, though I'm sure a nice, fat expansion on top of the recent and coming bug fixes would help boost those lost subs.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must take off my Fanboy costume and become plain old me for the day...

Posted: Oct 26th 2009 8:37AM MrDiamondJ said

I was on the verge of unsubbing from WAR, but decided not to. Why? The game is simply fun for me. I can always find a couple of warbands to run with on Badlands, and I still have a core group of guildies to do instance runs with. I think they should lower the price to $10/month, but I still enjoy it regardless.

Posted: Oct 27th 2009 10:33AM (Unverified) said

It's so refreshing to hear positive talk about WAR.