Posted: Oct 22nd 2009 9:25AM Enkiel said

"drops from foes that don't quite make sense"

That's one thing i really appreciate about this game. You won't get an armor drop from a rat...

Of course, picking up cockroach head is not really glamorous, but at least it makes sense.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2009 1:38PM Aganazer said

Must.... resist.... buying..... until.... December....

Can you please stop posting good sounding stuff about FE until I've finished this big wave of great single player PC games?

Posted: Oct 22nd 2009 2:38PM (Unverified) said

Tehn how's this for you then? After the patch I found:

- the new crafting tutoral doesn't work (not that I needed it, but I did create a new character just to check it out)
- half the scavanging and collecting nodes are broken
- some of my recipes wouldn't work even though I had all the mats
- asking for help in the help channel was useless because people were talking too much about how much they love/hate Aion/WoW to answer questions in the %#$@ing help channel. Help channel, not discuss-the-merits-of-other-games channel.

I usually enjoy FE, but today was a total wash. I played Aion instead.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2009 2:56PM phairoh said

I had almost the exact opposite experience yesterday to Amritrao.

I logged in Aion and started to do a quest but got bored and decided to log in FE instead to up my gathering and crafting. I found all the nodes I ran into to be working (which was not the case prior to the patch although this could have just been a server reset thing. Only time will tell) and crafted a bunch of different things in different categories.

I did not play a new character but my normal one (who is only lvl 8, so it's not like I'm very far) so I cannot say anything to the new tutorial. I will say, though,that I love not having help chat anymore. While it was often helpful it could also be filled with annoying discussions about nothing, as all global channels tend to get (omg NC Soft please change LFG so that you only join it when you set yourself to LFG!), I loved that I was scavenging in the middle of nowhere in complete silence. I really felt like I was alone and vulnerable in a complete wasteland of a world. Suddenly I saw a level 13 riding over a hill straight towards me. I knew I was near a PvP area but I have no clue how that works yet, but fortunately he kept right on riding.

This game is too fun.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2009 4:20PM (Unverified) said

@ Aaron - Hmmmm ... do you think maybe something went wrong with my update then? Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

Posted: Oct 23rd 2009 11:11AM Lateris said

I cant wait to see where this game will be in a year. So many of my friends from SWG Pre NGE swear by this game. I watched a you tube vid of some PvP which looked like some real fun. I hope the game does well and might just pick it up to support indie studios.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM