Posted: Oct 20th 2009 12:31AM (Unverified) said

wait...eventually a character can have 100% of all skills? I've always been of the mindset that things should be limited. If you want to do X you must sacrifice Y for that. The give and take places a value on both. Strange that you can have X and Y if you want to put the time in. I know that's not the topic on this thread but still - Course I guess I see less reason for alts then. And less replayability too from that.

Posted: Oct 20th 2009 9:35AM postman said

you can have 100 in everythign eventually, but as far as combat is concerned your skills will be complimented by the gear you are wearing (which is all crafted btw). So you dont have a guy running around with a pistol in super heavy armor, because the super heavy armor is intended for say heavy weapons, so in that instance there would be a penalty. there are limitations as far the skill use goes. go here and read these:

it does a much better job explaining it than i can

Posted: Oct 20th 2009 2:41AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Preventing alts just means that players seeking an advantage, be it espionage or whatever, will be obliged to purchase multiple accounts. In other words, really sneaky activities become a pay-to-play feature, much as they are in EVE.

If the Bulgarians SERIOUSLY believe than no alts is the way to prevent opposing-side espionage, they are such babes-in-the-woods about MMOs that my expectations for this game just dropped a couple notches.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2009 11:35AM Harabeck said

Actually read what is being talked about. MastHead is starting up a discussion, not announcing a feature.

Posted: Oct 20th 2009 10:46PM (Unverified) said

I think maybe limited Alts would be nice maybe no more then 3 to 5 per account. so as player u can see other sides of earthrise.

Posted: Oct 21st 2009 4:27AM Halbard100 said

I'm going to use Star Wars Galaxies as an example about this. Use to be you could only make one character per server per account, because of it's sandbox style among other things. Having multiple alts back then caused you to basically run your own show without help from anyone at all, and with a game that encouraged interplay between players and different skills, that could upset gameplay. I kinda think Earthrise could work the same way: To many different characters under the same player screws up game play. And besides, if you really wanted to, could just by another account for more characters

Posted: Oct 22nd 2009 2:56AM (Unverified) said

i only played SWG for a bit just was not my thing back when i was young but my taste have changed. I see your point with so many Alts maybe no more then 2 Alts to account would be the best. Wish other mmo would do that same i am currently playing FE and the max is 4.