Posted: Oct 17th 2009 10:28AM (Unverified) said

Score!! I love player created content. Bah! this makes me want to get back into SWG, curse you SOE!

Posted: Oct 17th 2009 12:22PM (Unverified) said

For your information:

Update 13: Chronicle Master - online since beginning of Oct.

Update 14: Death Troopers - online since 14. Oct.

Posted: Oct 17th 2009 12:37PM Pingles said

I assumed that Star Wars Galaxies was some kind of destroyed travesty by all of the comments that come up every time it's mentioned.

How is the game nowadays? Worth trying out or is it just going through a slow death?

Posted: Oct 17th 2009 1:23PM (Unverified) said

I am a vet that was very angry and frustrated about the changes made when SOE launched NGE and I almost left it in tears for what they had done and never looked back

Due to server merge, I decided to try the game today as it promised more populated servers. To my surprise, the game is actually very good today.

Most of the "sandbox" elements are still there. And thanks to the expertise system (skill trees) much of the old class mechanics are back and in many ways it feels better. You can even respec now (say you are a entertainer and would like to try combat. If you want to go back to entertainer it remembers your level and vice versa. So no need to grind a class from bottom up again if you have already been there.

Community is as good as always. And its still Star Wars ! :) I found my return pleasant and for first time since 2005 I am actually looking forward to come home from work and log into the game.

I would not hesitate to recommend all vets (and people who have never played it). To try it out.

Posted: Oct 17th 2009 1:32PM (Unverified) said

My only question is will this 'User Created Content' idea backfire on SOE as badly as the AE/MA system for City of Heroes did for NCSoft?

Posted: Oct 17th 2009 2:58PM RogueJedi86 said

Doubt it, because SWG has been focused on player content for years, since they put in player housing just after launch at least. From what I hear, it'd hit a big slump since PEX quit/was fired(not sure which), since he was the one who arranged player events on most servers, and it seems he hasn't gotten a replacement to handle player events. It does seem like they spawn rogue AT-ATs a bunch though, which most players fan out to find and destroy.

SWG is filled with a crowd who like to roleplay and arrange player events, so player events aren't some strange concept for players.

Posted: Oct 18th 2009 12:14AM wufiavelli said

3 games i am sorry i missed their prime when it comes to MMO
Wish beta
SWG Pre CU
and DAOC

if they released a Pre CU server a long with player created content i would be all in.

Posted: Oct 17th 2009 3:46PM Lateris said

Pex was transferred to another game that is in development.I think it is the DC game

Posted: Oct 17th 2009 3:50PM Pingles said

I haven't played in a while but Pex was arranging community events in Free Realms a month or two ago.

Posted: Oct 17th 2009 5:10PM (Unverified) said

I remember when they experimented with purchasing NPCs that talked for player quest.

Griefers quickly took advantage of it by naming the NPCs as their real player victim and having it say all sorts of awful stuff.

Of course you could always get the droid to do that - but for some reason, being able to dress up these NPCs just like the player it was impersonating was too much for SOE who pulled the plug.

I thought the whole thing was more entertaining than any player run adventures.

Posted: Oct 18th 2009 7:38PM (Unverified) said

SOE ruined this game. Until there is an update that will turn it back the way it was before the ripped the rug out of their fanbase for no reason whatsoever - fuck them.